Deep House/Bass Music - Page 4
Page 4 of 76 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
    DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tkr View Post
    'Tech House'

hmmmm.
    Exactly..! I would have said some of the more sparse stuff is more tech house (ish).

Genres man... they mean jack-sh*t sometimes.

Tech Wizard

@Karlous

What music are you into Karlos?

Allsorts mate... i couldnt possibly say one genre.

I DJ regular Top40 and Indie gigs buts thats a job. I dont particularly like all of that music but i do have wide knowledge of it especially indie as thats what i started DJing (post-punk kind of stuff)

If im playing at a bar or when ive done festivals and i have a choice ill play Hiphop/funk/house/dubbydisco kinda stuff.

I like some techno and minimal but im very picky. I like some Dubstep but im even more picky. I like some D&B but, yeah im picky.

I love threads like this as it exposes me to music that i might not otherwise pick up on.

And i definitely feel your desire to mix genres in your mix. I get easily bored of the same genre for an hour. I like changes in mood and depth and energy in a DJs mix.

Tech Guru

Have Tale of Us & Miguel Campbell been mentioned? As well as the Hot Natured label which tends to be deep house? Check out Solan too.

EDIT: I've just signed up, and realised how much my name seems like the second coming of the mod above ^^
    Last edited by KS2; 02-02-2012 at 08:34 PM.

While i really like all this bass stuff, i have to agree with karlos.

it is definitely not deep house.

Quote Originally Posted by KS2 View Post
    KS2
    Welcome young padwan

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Welcome young padwan

Tech Mentor

I agree there is two separate-ish genres here, though they are connected. The more bassy sound coming from the likes of Eats Everything is a more stripped down, bass driven sound that almost has some tribal genes. I think some are even calling it UK Bass (unless this is another genre entirely which I've not delved into yet).

Viadrina - Luna (Coat of Arms remix) came across this last week and really enjoying it

Audiojack - Get Serious

Diamond Lights - Happiness (Light Year & Strip Steve's Deep Fried remix)

I've been just starting to try and explore this sound so thanks for the pointers in this thread.

Deep House is definitely more laid back. I'm digging Motor City Drum Ensemble lately and Solomun is putting out some good stuff. This is the kind of Deep House I associate with that Maceo Plex kind of sound.

And then there's even more laid back / spacey deep house which I can't provide too much insight into.

The deep house thread on Erol Alkan forums is probably worth a check out (it's a long thread): http://www.erolalkan.co.uk/forum/sho....php?tid=45737

We all know beatport is awful with genres but they are referring to this as Bass Music in their emails. And if you click on the link it will bring you to songs with genres labeled with techno, house, hip-hop, and electronica.

In my opinion this bass music is on a new tip. It is something different and refreshing. It does take from house, techno, r&b, uk garage, dubstep, juke, and probably other areas that I'm not even aware of.

But the "problem" is that it doesn't really have a name. I haven't heard anyone from the scene that is actually making these tunes or a head of a label repping the artists actually put a name to it. Some people online (forums and blogs) call it UK Bass Music, some call it post-dubstep, and some call it future garage. But it really doesn't have an official name right now.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Shane Says View Post
    We all know beatport is awful with genres but they are referring to this as Bass Music in their emails. And if you click on the link it will bring you to songs with genres labeled with techno, house, hip-hop, and electronica.

In my opinion this bass music is on a new tip. It is something different and refreshing. It does take from house, techno, r&b, uk garage, dubstep, juke, and probably other areas that I'm not even aware of.

But the "problem" is that it doesn't really have a name. I haven't heard anyone from the scene that is actually making these tunes or a head of a label repping the artists actually put a name to it. Some people online (forums and blogs) call it UK Bass Music, some call it post-dubstep, and some call it future garage. But it really doesn't have an official name right now.
    Personally I've never heard of 'bass music' though I'd imagine it to be something fidgety/electro-ey along the lines of Jack Beats.

Page 4 of 76 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast