Least cheesy way to let crowd know you're REC mix
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Least cheesy way to let crowd know you're REC mix

I've got this new residency and it's really good. It's down the road from me. I get to play 10am - 2pm. It's a wicked discerning music loving crowd who want quality house music and they all love it. The money is pretty decent too.

/gloat

The last time I played I recorded the mix but i didn't let the crowd know I was recording it though i'm sure they would have wanted to download it.

I don't really want to get on the mic, though normally i'm fine with it as I just want to keep it cool if you get me.

I tried making some jingles / namedrops but they just sound naff.

I was thinking i could leave out flyers?

Or I could burn a bunch of blank cds and leave em out, but that might not "reach" everyone...

I could write it on the blackboard which is above my head but sort of not noticeable.

You know if i drive people to my website / facebook i'll start building a following etc

What should I do?
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

make business cards with your facebook/website on it, state on the card that tonights session is been recorded and will be posted on it, and all they need to do is like the page, get someone to hand them out for you, also why not get a buddy to take pics from the night and have him handing out the cards (2 birds one stone)also have on the card, find me on facebook etc as the pic will be posted there and get them to tag themselfs (also exposes you to there facebook friends)
    Please LIKE MY PAGE FACEBOOK Page and I'll Return The Favor

)))---|> http://facebook.com/DjBullyBolger <|---(((

If your dope on the mic, you can be your own mc at every party. Most DJs however (myself included) are terrible on the mic, so the best thing you could is make flyers with your name and maybe website/facebook page written on it, maybe a cool picture of you looking at a piece of vinyl in a dark room to make you look like a deep and intelligent person. And hand them out yourself or let a friend help you out.

But if people really wanted to know your name they would check the posters or the timetable.

Oh and everything you mentioned except for the flyers is just downright cheesy.

make a sign...have a go go dancer hold it up and parade it around the party...

Yeah it's a "Dj bar" so they don't really promote the DJ. I do have business cards and probably hand out like 5 a night.

I think it's either say something on the mic it hand out flyers innit or both
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Have you got any friends that you can ask to hand out cd's or usb sticks with last weeks recording and all of your details on it?

By friends I mean cute female friends.

Hm, I would try the name drop thing again. Perhaps you know a producer who can make you some quality name drops?

Great thing about name drops is that if you record the set and people can download it, they still get your name and ID while they are driving around listening to it in their car, or playing it at a house party, or for their friends or whatever.

It also makes it harder to steal cause it has your signature in it. so, get someone to make you some quality name drops and then sprinkle them throughout your set.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Leave your cards visible in the booth an within people's reach so they don't need to ask for your card.

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    Leave your cards visible in the booth an within people's reach so they don't need to ask for your card.
    I did that once but it's so busy that people just don't notice them.

I'm sort of leaning towards the idea of cards and a just a quick announcement on the mic to say it's being recorded and there are cards at the front.

I've actually MCed quite a bit anyway.

The other thing i was thinking was mixed cds and saying "Who wants a free CD?" then put details on the CD...

Please tell me if you think this "jingle" is shit (i think it's shit but might be ok...). I'd use proper sparingly.

http://www.maxonemusic.com/dropbox/R...-Jingle-01.mp3

Business cards are fairly standard

Its late and my judgement is shot to pieces

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast