controlling traktor with touchscreen phones
    Tech Mentor

Default controlling traktor with touchscreen phones

is that possible? or only with the iphone?

greets

Default traktor with phones

I have used an Iphone and an Ipod Touch to control traktor with a few different programs that are available from the App Store, like TouchOSC and MrMr. As far as other phones, don't know if they have any similar programs, but if there is an OSC or MIDI program available for the phone, it will be able to control traktor.

13" MacBook Pro 2.7 i7 w/dual Raid0 OWC SSDs - S4 - Ableton Live 8- Lemur- iPad 2

Could I impose on you to spell out how you got this to work? Traktor seems to be very iffy about using OSC. I got the ITM DJ app for my iPhone, but the additional things I had to learn about/install/futz with to make it work were prohibitive. I don't want to have to get a degree from MIT just to make boomchikky beats! I'd rather go straight MIDI on my controllers if at all possible anyhow.
    Steve Boyett
    Podcasts: Groovelectric | Podrunner | Podrunner: Intervals
    Traktor user

With ITM DJ, google it and go to the main site for ITM. There you will find instructions on how to download the server to your computer to make it work. Then all you will have to do is map the MIDI inside of traktor.

The easiest way to do OSC to midi is to download and purchase a program called OSCulator. It can convert OSC messages to Midi and back. This can work great with the Iphone app MrMr and TouchOSC. The hard way to go about it is to use PureData or Max/MSP, as I'm finding out currently. What a pain.

Unfortunately, you won't have to get a degree from MIT, but since Traktor doesn't yet support OSC, you will have to put in some time understanding the MIDI to OSC conversions and setting them up.

13" MacBook Pro 2.7 i7 w/dual Raid0 OWC SSDs - S4 - Ableton Live 8- Lemur- iPad 2

Put some +1's here in this feature requst post for OSC support in Traktor, we really need as many people to +1 as possible to see if we can up the priority of this - http://www.native-instruments.com/fo...ad.php?t=75550

For you guys who think this doesnt effect you... If you want a tight sync between Ableton and Traktor when Max for Live comes out then give this a +1 !! Going by the reading material i have read so far we should be able to build OSC timecode support into Ableton using Max - so all that would be left is for Traktor to support it.

Quote Originally Posted by DennisJ View Post
    is that possible? or only with the iphone?

greets
    Yes it is possible on phones with Windows Mobile 6.1 pro.
    Currently it's only working through ActiveSync, though a WiFi module is already in place.

Have a look at There's'a.

I have had some posts on it earlier on, but will try to get in a tutorial or something when some more urgent things get done.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Mentor

btw, is it possible to control two sliders or something at once on the iphone/itouch using touchosc?

greets

Quote Originally Posted by DennisJ View Post
    btw, is it possible to control two sliders or something at once on the iphone/itouch using touchosc?

greets
    Yes it has multitouch capabilities.

Tech Mentor

so 3 or 4 fingers are also possible?