traktor pro 2 / mac - cpu usage while idling
    Tech Wizard

Default traktor pro 2 / mac - cpu usage while idling

hi folks,

i just noticed theat traktor pro 2 eats up ~25% cpu on a macbook (core2duo 2,1ghz) when IDLING (not playing music or analyzing). seems pretty high to me, is that normal?

Tech Wizard

shut down all softs running in background

TPro 2.0.3 is less CPU intensive. Roll back maybe? That's what I did
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Tech Wizard

thanks for your responses, but did you really read and understand the question?

It's probably still processing even though you've got zero audio going into the stream.

I can't really see a usage situation where you'd want to run Traktor but not have it doing anything, so there's no real point in worrying about it.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by lethal_pizzle View Post
    It's probably still processing even though you've got zero audio going into the stream.

I can't really see a usage situation where you'd want to run Traktor but not have it doing anything, so there's no real point in worrying about it.
    yeah well - it's not a big deal but i sometimes like to keep traktor running in the background while doing other things. but if you are on battery and have something in the background constantly keeping the cpu busy... i would consider that a bug.

anyway: i was hoping some mac users could confirm that behaviour (or not confirm)