Netbook / ASUS EEPC
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Netbook / ASUS EEPC

Anyone managed to get Traktor / Ableton up and running on a netbook / Asus mini-PC?

Any idea of performance etc?

Looking at a mini-laptop to take away travelling that i can also set up to DJ on.

When I first looked into this little box it was just not feesable. but now with the specs it would be interesting to see if the box could run a basic winxp set-up and ableton.
    MacBook Pro 2.53ghz . iMac 2.6ghrz . Compaq 2.4ghrz . Berhinger A5OD Reference Amp . Berhinger Ultra Graph Pro . Behringer Truth B1030A Monitors . Stanton FS Open . Native Instruments Maschine . Numark Mixdeck . TraktorLE . Vestax VCI-100 . Behringer UMX-25 . M-Audio Trigger Finger . . Ableton Live 8 . Reason 5 . Logic 9 Express .

also wondered about this.... saw some videos online of some people running traktor on a netbook, thought it might be a good idea as a backup and for traveling purposes..

Tech Mentor

Default Netbook

I use a Acer 1.6g atom with 2g ddr2 and it runs Serato and VDJ5 fine.Not tried it with the vci-100 o traktor though,

Tech Mentor

I had a VCI-100 with an Audio Kontrol 1 on an Eee PC 701. Worked pretty good minus the small screen.

Tech Mentor

What software / OS you using running Andrew?

Tech Mentor

Well I don't own one anymore. I eventually upgraded to a macbook. I had XP running although now I've been reading you can put the mac os on the MSI Wind flawlessly. Maybe that's something worth looking into.

Im able to run Traktor 3.2, 3.4 and Traktor Scratch Pro on my MSI Wind with no problems. I also dual boot Mac OS on it and runing traktor on that as well with no problems. Only thing I upgraded on the Wind was that I aded another gig of ram for a total of 2. The Wind has 3 usb ports and I have it connected to my Audio8, 500 gig passport hard drive and VCI-100.
    1st Setup (Main rig)Dell Studio XPS 1640 2nd Setup (Hotel & Living Room Parties, Kick backs etc.)MSI Wind U110 Intel Atom 1.6ghz Dual Boot Mac OSX 10.6 and Widows XP SP3 Accessories Native Instruments NI Audio 8 Traktor 3.2.2 Vestax VCI-100 v1.3http://www.myspace.com/syphic

Quote Originally Posted by syphic View Post
    Im able to run Traktor 3.2, 3.4 and Traktor Scratch Pro on my MSI Wind with no problems. I also dual boot Mac OS on it and runing traktor on that as well with no problems. Only thing I upgraded on the Wind was that I aded another gig of ram for a total of 2. The Wind has 3 usb ports and I have it connected to my Audio8, 500 gig passport hard drive and VCI-100.
    Damn hackintosh! How's the 10" screen treating you?
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

I have pretty good eye sight so it isnt too bad. Now when im drunk.....thats another story!
    1st Setup (Main rig)Dell Studio XPS 1640 2nd Setup (Hotel & Living Room Parties, Kick backs etc.)MSI Wind U110 Intel Atom 1.6ghz Dual Boot Mac OSX 10.6 and Widows XP SP3 Accessories Native Instruments NI Audio 8 Traktor 3.2.2 Vestax VCI-100 v1.3http://www.myspace.com/syphic

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast