Timecode reversing?

Default Timecode reversing?

I keep getting this problem on one of my decks, when a song will midway through start to reverse, and the timecode calibration will mess up. I've tried changing needles, adjusting the anti-skate to maximum, adding more pressure to the counter-weight, reversing the counterweight so its adding huge amounts of pressure to the vinyl, loosening the tonearm slightly to prevent it being drawn back to the rest, changing the vinyl, cleaning the contacts and setting up the technic with a spirit level and none of these things seem to work.

Are there any other suggestions I should try? There isn't too much play in the platter also, as i've checked.

Thanks in advance

The only thing you didnt mention was the phono cables.

Ive had this with my 1210's before, I had to piss about with the connection until it was sound. Are you still using the stock cables? I found I had to crush the stock connectors a bit to get goood contact.

The longer term plan though is to replace them completely.
    Ecler NUO 3.0, 2 1210mk2, midi fighter, Kontrol X1, Akai LPD8, Reloop RHP10's, TSP, Audio 8

Howitzer on Soundcloud | Howitzer on Twitter | Howitzer on Facebook | Howitzer dnb blog

Tech Guru

+1 on the phono cables. I was getting the same thing on a beat up pair, replaced them, never had the issue again

Swap them going into the mixer, red to white, white to red.

Sometimes when they are replaced they do it wrong.

Matters not when playing vinyl, matters loads when using TC.

Happened to me on my 30th birthday, I was tearing my hair out.
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Cheers I'll check them tomorrow, i think they're stock cables though i'll check them, i'll also try cleaning the phono connectors to see if there's maybe any dirt causing bad connection!

Tech Mentor

Just so y'all know, there's also a way to reverse the audio routing through traktor's audio output settings that accomplishes the same thing without having to screw with the cables.

Nothing to add, bad contacts tend to make this happen but here's a quick anecdote :
    When playing at home once, a lil' dust nugget just popped out of nowhere and got stuck on one of my concordes in such a way that deck immediately started playing backwards

getting the same and my phono cables are shot to bits. Just trying to find somewhere that will replace them for me at the mo
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

Tech Guru

When this happens to me, it is 100% of the time dirty needles.

djproben - "But who can resist an album called "the Gay 90s"! I assumed it was going to be a lot of Moby and Keoki...."

yeah but if your needles are clean then next thing to look at is cables.
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution