Craigslist shipping
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Craigslist shipping

I threw up my gear on craigslist and some guy accepted my price. But he wants me to ship it. Im a little bit weary cuz 1) its from a different email 2) he wants me to ship it 3) hes sending me a check. Heres waht i got in reponse after i said i still have the gear that im selling :

"Thanks for Your Prompt Response.I Really Appreciate it.
    I Believe the Price is Perfect For Me,And I Will Be Making the Shipping Arrangement Myself So Don't be Bothered.You Will Be Receiving Your Payment Through a Check which My Client Will Send to You Immediately i have The Required Details.
    Let your details include.
    Full Name to Be on the Check
    Full Physical Address to mail The Check to ,Zip Code.:
    Home & Cell Phone to Contact You.

Please,Be Aware that the amount on the Check is More than Your Asking Price.The Excess Amount is For the (Shipping and Insurance Premium).You are to Send My Shipper The Excess Amount When You Receive the Check.I will Be Happy if My Offer is Granted.

Hope To Read From You soon"

so yeah, just caught me a little off guard with asking me my full info. if you guys could throw me some comments on if you delt things like this over craigslist that would help me a bunch thanks

Scam.

Tech Mentor

sounds alot like a scam.

Banned

Tell him to ship first, once the check is cashed you send gear.

Tell him you don't ship first. You pay, i ship.

Fuck that...........I only accept cash or a postal money order!
    Never ship unless you get cash first or wait for a check to clear!

Tech Wizard

well yeah thats why im weary on if its a scam. he wants my info so he can send me the check first and i can have it cashed then i was going to send it... so im not sure. i kinda want to ask him to do paypal because i dont want him to know my home address

I've heard of people cashing money orders and a week after the check goes through, the check bounces. Always do cash.
    Toshiba Satellite Windows 8.1, TSP2, Audio 10, Audio 2, 2x Technics 1200 MKII, Pioneer DJM-707, Midi Fighter Spectra, Kontrol X1, Behringer CMD PL-1

Tech Mentor

Don't do it, I got an email along the same lines with some actually looking identical to what yours says. Check here: http://www.craigslist.org/about/scams
    It mentions a lot of useful information.
    Stay away

Edit: If you want, I can PM you the email I received. It contains very similar wording, the same broken English, and asks for the same information.
    mk128, maschine, oxygen25, firewire 410, ableton suite 8

I've also heard of people getting robbed after giving out their address. So yeah, cash in person or paypal when shipping and only give them your address after talking to them over the phone.
    Toshiba Satellite Windows 8.1, TSP2, Audio 10, Audio 2, 2x Technics 1200 MKII, Pioneer DJM-707, Midi Fighter Spectra, Kontrol X1, Behringer CMD PL-1

Scam. Typos, irregular spacing, every word capitalized, and poor English all point to a scam.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast