First set of CDJs - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by quality control View Post
    Be familiar with the music and the transitions, forget about the gear and get the best you can afford even if it isn't Pioneer.
    Ok. I can understand the Pioneer hate, but understand that it's the most logical and the smartest choice you can make if you got the money for it.

Do we agree that what's important is what you give to your audience when playing out ?
    We do agree on that.

Do we agree that the best practice you can have is the one that is the closest to what "live" is going to be like ?
    We do agree on that.

Do we agree that you don't need to own the gear to make it work ?
    We do agree on that.

Still, knowing your stuff inside out, knowing every tip, trick, knowing how does that FX sound like (for the mixer), is the best way to pull a super good set.
    Because yeah, of course, if you want to mix intros with outros of some standard 4 on the floor tracks, you can do that even if it's the first time you play on Pioneer gear. But don't expect me to call you a great DJ.

Before "dissing" on some people who decide to buy that overpriced gear, understand that they are willing (and able) to pay a lot to play something special, creative, researched and most importantly different from what any random guy would play.
    That choice should be respected.

If money isn't an option and you want the hottest C.D decks going - DON'T buy Pioneer CDJ2000s...they have now been discontinued and will be replaced by the new model ANY....MINUTE....NOW.

From playing in clubs across the World each weekend I would say 8/10 weekends I play on CDJ1000mk3...so if you can find them for a nice price grab them!
    13" Macbook Pro i7/8gb/750gb :: Traktor S4 + F1 + Pro 2 :: Allen & Heath DB4 :: Allen & Heath K2 :: Midi Fighter Classic :: Midi Fighter Pro (BM) :: Midi Fighter 3D :: Pioneer RMX1000 :: DJM800 :: 2 xCDJ1000mk3 :: Beats Pro + Beats Studio

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by dope View Post
    Still, knowing your stuff inside out, knowing every tip, trick, knowing how does that FX sound like (for the mixer), is the best way to pull a super good set.
    Because yeah, of course, if you want to mix intros with outros of some standard 4 on the floor tracks, you can do that even if it's the first time you play on Pioneer gear. But don't expect me to call you a great DJ.

Before "dissing" on some people who decide to buy that overpriced gear, understand that they are willing (and able) to pay a lot to play something special, creative, researched and most importantly different from what any random guy would play.
    That choice should be respected.
    I am not dissing anyone for liking pioneer or buying it for that matter. I just take the stand that if you want CLUB gear and you want to know it inside and out, canvas your area to find out what they have. Don't buy a CDJ400 and expect to master the CDJ2000 from it. If you are a true DJ in my eyes you adapt to any situation and you know effects whether it be Pioneer FX or Traktor FX.

No matter what gear I play, I can throw down. Now would my set be better if I had two CDJ2000's and a DJM-900 at home, well of course but how many people can honestly say they have 6k sitting around for gear like this?

Learn the art of the CDJ no matter what CDJ you buy before you jump into the art of the booth. But don't think that buying Pioneer is the only way to learn or adapt into industry. Upgrading is easy.
    13" MBP | Xone DB2 | Kontrol X1 MK2 | 2 X Denon DN-S3700 | NUmark TTX| NI MASCHINE MK2 | ABLETON PUSH

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    If money isn't an option and you want the hottest C.D decks going - DON'T buy Pioneer CDJ2000s...they have now been discontinued and will be replaced by the new model ANY....MINUTE....NOW.

From playing in clubs across the World each weekend I would say 8/10 weekends I play on CDJ1000mk3...so if you can find them for a nice price grab them!
    what do you think the price tag on these bad boys are gonna be? a DEAL for 1800 is my guess, you can get 2000s for 1500 new now... wonder if the 850, 900, and 2000 are gonna drop significantly in price. my guess maybe 50-100 each no more. but we will see a flood of decent used gear hit the markets soon i hope looking to get my first set thinking either used 900,s or new 850's unless i can score a good set of 2000's for around 1800.

This is a bit of a delayed post, but I have no problem with Pioneer....I just can't justify spending that kind of $$$ to practice at home. I have been mainly using Traktor and am "branching out" to CDJs for more versatility...but I just don't have the money to buy a couple of Pioneer decks. And frankly, I don't feel like I need to right now.
    Traktor: Kontrol X1, Kontrol F1, DN-MC3000, DN-X1700
    Ableton: Launchpad, nanoKontrol2, LPK-25, BCR2000

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    DON'T buy Pioneer CDJ2000s...they have now been discontinued
    ummmmm, who told you the 2000's have been discontinued? They are not discontinued and still selling and listed on Pioneers site as their flagship deck

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345