Dj icemans tips for new djs-paying your dues-top 5
    Tech Wizard

Default Dj icemans tips for new djs-paying your dues-top 5

Errr... didn't you post this already?
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

*bashes on controllers* *has controller sitting in background* "If you haven't done what I've done, you haven't paid your dues." Kind of expected that going in though. I did like the "If you haven't had another DJ come play on your setup and make you look like shit, you haven't paid your dues."

Reminds me of an unpaid gig I did at my school where the extension cord for my setup ran across the stage. It was taped down, but people kept dancing on the cord and yanking it out, killing the sound. I remember scrambling around to the DI box to hook up an ipod while we troubleshot the equipment after one of the power cuts... Good times. I can't say someone hadn't paid their dues because they didn't have to deal with bullshit like that though.

At the end of the day, if what you're playing is actually you playing it (I'm looking at you, Steve Angello) and it sounds good to the crowd, it doesn't matter if you're spinning with toaster ovens. Granted I'd argue that syncing is more akin to live production than it is to DJing, but you're still playing prerecorded music to a crowd. I forget who said it (it was probably ellaskins) but the idea that "I play someone else's music better than you!" is kind of absurd, at the end of the day. Let's have fun with this craft and leave judgment at the door.

Quote Originally Posted by lethal_pizzle View Post
    Errr... didn't you post this already?
    Yup.

http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46040

yea dude, i never understood why you have so much built up anger to these new dj's...

You're spending your time worrying about what others are doing and what they are using.

you mad a statement about dj'ing using tape decks and vinyl.
    That's cool, but technology has changed. CDJ's controllers abelton etc.

Is it not cool to drive a new car that has air conditioning and all the bells and whistles, rather you should drive an old car bc people had to learn driving with no power steering or drive in hot weather with no air.

all due respect to your opnion, everyone is entitled to one. I have one to and i think you should lay off the youtube videos. It's making you look like a hypocrite using virtual dj and a controller and being mad bc others are using it...

if these guys are cutting you out of work, blame the clubs not them, let your talent speak. show them that you bring a big crowd.

not to toot my horn but i had a gig last Friday that was 2 hrs away and had 20 people come from my city for me, i mean that's not a huge following but to personally bring a big group of people that's what club owners want. I gave them that, we packed it out of capacity 750 people. I got invited back.

Idk if i "paid" my dues... I kicked ass and gave the people what they wanted. I don't think i should be looked down upon because i haven't dj'd for as long as you or others.
    Beatslicing for the bitches

Id like to here one of your mixes iceman