Problem with FlStudio..need help
    Tech Guru

Default Problem with FlStudio..need help

Everytime I open FLstudio a window pops up saying "There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive /Device/Harddisk/DR1." I have no idea what this means or whats going on. Somebody please help!

Tech Guru

And also it gives me the options to cancel, try again, or continue and no matter what I press it keeps popping up

Default FL Studio there is no disk in the drive issue SOLVED

I usually work the same project in several different locations and sometimes even with the project inside an USB drive, so I have also dealt with this issue.

From what I understand this error message appears because the drive letter assigned for the location where you are opening the project now differs from the drive letter assigned for the original FL Studio project file.

PANIC! PANIC! PANIC! yes you should panic, but try this first:

1. Open the Fl Studio file with Notepad++ (free software), it MUST be notepad++, as I found that other editors, including windows' notepad will not solve the issue.

2. You will see many lines of code depending the size of your project. If you know what the Drive letter assigned to the previous location is, do a search (control+F) and make sure that is right. It should be "C:/" if you were working on a hard drive or a random drive letter if you were working in an exterior hard drive or USB pen. If you don't know you have got to look around the code for it. try to look for a sample that you have imported and the drive letter is usually before the file path.

3. Now you can do a Replace operation (Control+H, I believe or go to the Search menu in the upper left corner) and you will replace the previous drive letter the project was assigned to, by your present drive letter (to know the present drive letter go to My Computer and find it there). So, type you previous drive letter on the "Find What:" field and your present drive letter in the "Replace With:" field and press Replace All. The message # Occurrences Were Replaced should appear underneath the pop up windows.

Save the file before you close and hope for the best.

Hope this helped!