Transitions between huge bpm difference (traktor)

Default Transitions between huge bpm difference (traktor)

Saturday i went to Steve angello's, An21 and Max Vangellis concert here in Santo Domingo, DR. The 2 guys that opened for them are well known Dj's here in DR. They played lots of different tempo songs.. everything sounded perfectly (using CDJ's)

I was wondering how can they achieve something like this, what tricks do they use? it should be simpler in traktor..but i can't pull a 128bpm transition to a 70bpm - 110bpm.

Tech Mentor

Most of the time when I move BPMs drastically, I'll just simply cut it at an appropriate time (drop swapping makes this a lot prettier than just slamming a new track) or put a loop on and fade it out. Not really the most seamless transitions, but it seems to work for me...btw, I use CDJs. Cheap ones, but CDJs nonetheless.
    Last edited by DJ Sunshine; 02-06-2012 at 06:50 PM.
    Traktor Kontrol Z2 | 2x Stanton ST-150 Turntables | Traktor Kontrol F1 | MacBook

www.mixcloud.com/sunshineraleigh

You should look up armyofme's freeze delay effect, its excellent for switching between BPM's and if you watched James Zabiela's video on the BBC website recently he basically recreates it on a EFX1000 to change BPM's.

^that. It will allow you to mash up songs or switch quickly by dropping parts of the next song in to get the audience prepared and you can freeze the song and let the new one come in and filter out the other one.
    Beatslicing for the bitches

Yeah, the freeze effect seems good enough.

What about the reverb? i've heard porter's robinson live shows and he seems to reverb the fuck out of songs when transitioning.

^^ I do that abit to, it's just so u get that little tail on the end. Makes it more seamless although I think he uses too much.

this is what im talking about.

with the advanced mode, you wont need a re-verb.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7w18h...ure=plpp_video

I use this method if i want to quickly transition through electro house songs without having the vocals clash or the bass-lines colliding