Getting 2 more lights?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Getting 2 more lights?

Ok,

So im starting to not like the ADJ Jellyfish and I already have a TriLed vertigo. I currently purcashed a Kinta X and im looking in to get two more? Id be willing to spend most likely a max of 150-200$ on each new light? you guys please tell me your thoughts! Would not prefer dots or plastic lights. I like chauvet metals! Those are nice and effective. Any ideas? Also tell me your setup!

Tech Wizard

My setup:
    Chauvet Trident
    Chauvet LED Techno Strobe
    Chauvet Scorpion Storm FX

The Trident is a great centerpiece effect and you can find them for around $150. I'm actually in the market for some new lights too so I'm interested to see where this post goes. I would love some scanners or some moving heads but they might have to wait a little while.

LED Shadow, get two for symetrical effect. Blows the dance floor into a frenzy every time

sell what you have now, and just buy scanners (chauvet intimidator 100's are inexpensive and great starter lights). Then prepare to have a much better light show than anyone who owns the same/similar corny lights you have now.

Im not a big fan of scanners :P

1+ to Sobi. Scanners are more professional feeling than alot of lights. Chauvet 4 plays are sick, but the best light purchase i've ever made was the chauvet Motion Fascade. kinda pricey but damn it makes me all warm inside. lol

EDIT: or get a hazer/foger. those are essential. also, you running all of these DMX?

Quote Originally Posted by EchePalante View Post
    Im not a big fan of scanners :P
    Understandable. Having a decent lightshow isn't for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by sobi View Post
    Understandable. Having a decent lightshow isn't for everyone.
    more like i dont feel like the people my age would like those lights. those seem too "simple" for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Otacon View Post
    1+ to Sobi. Scanners are more professional feeling than alot of lights. Chauvet 4 plays are sick, but the best light purchase i've ever made was the chauvet Motion Fascade. kinda pricey but damn it makes me all warm inside. lol

EDIT: or get a hazer/foger. those are essential. also, you running all of these DMX?
    no DMX

ahh well dont worry about new lights, focus on DMX equipment. For a DJ its good to have lights, but if you have a billion lights on sound activated mode its wayyyy too over powering. Get a DMX controller and set up some general scenes for the type of music you play. DMX gives you so much more control and timing on your lights it can really make or break the show visually imo.

http://www.facebook.com/LightandSoundmusic

check out the vid my VJ partner made just to test out a few of his lights and it will kinda show you how dmx makes a diffrence. (if im coming off as a douche im sorry, im just trying to help out)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast