Numark NS7 MIDI Map (HELP)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Numark NS7 MIDI Map (HELP)

Props to those who worked hard and got the Vestax VCI-300 working with Virtual DJ.

I recently purchased The NS7 from Numark and am trying to do the same.
    I am all ears, for any who has advice or wants to attempt the same goal.

BR,

DJ Esco
    djesco@hotmail.com
    (832)798-0000

1. What dj program do u want to use the N57 with?

2. Have you tried to hook up the unit to the dj program to see if you can map it?

3. Mail me the NS7 and Ill midi map it for you.

4. Welcome to DJ TT!
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

1. I think he's willing to hook it up to Virtual DJ.
    2. Think so.
    3. That's what she said!
    4. Agreed!

Great purchase DJEsco.

But why would you want to hook it up to Virtual DJ, instead of Serato ITCH, with which it is shipped?
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

maybe wants to mix video too?

Hasn't Serato got a plugin for that too? (I know SSL has got one, but ITCH? Really dunno...)
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)

Tech Wizard

No video plugin for Itch, SSL only.

Ah okay.. Thanks!

The NS7 doesnt send the regular sort of midi messages that these programs support nativly - from what i have read its sending a 14bit absolute position which isnt supported by alot of programs.

There is probably ways to get around this (like turning those 14bit messages into relative 14bit or 7bit messages). Its hard to comment without spending some time with one though - so if anyone feels the need to buy me one so we can all spin on whatever program we wish with the unit, go for it

Serato Itch is extremely precise clean and acurate with the NS7. and there is a video plug-in availible already for it however you need additional hardware. From what I see it can remain in the software though like VDJ does.

The reason why I am interested in getting it to work with VDJ is for the effects. I like the idea of being able to process a speciffic effect to a specific channel vs. all channels.
    This makes things more so interesting when mixing or doing buildups etc. Now if Serato releases something like that for us without the need of additional hardware that would be incredibly awesome and definately something to look foward to. <----(HINT!)

What I was attempting to find (keep in mind I am extreemly new to the MIDI mappping scene) I was wondering if there is a prog that perhaps senses the push of keys or movement on a MIDI device so you can Map or configure an unknown device easier

Get me a NS7, and Ill get it to work.

Wondering if this would work?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast