Stanton Str8-100s
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Stanton Str8-100s

Quick question I have located a seller who wants to get rid of a pair of stanton str8-100 turntables and a two channel vestax mixer for $250. I have the opportunity to go get these this Saturday and was wondering what some of you turntable enthusiast thought about the price he's wanting. Is this a reasonable price for the setup? This will be my first pair of turntables (coming from s4) and i'm also curious if this model is decent as well? Thanks in advanced

Seems like a pretty nice deal as long as it's all in good condition!
    Pretty sure STR8-100s are solid tables

i picked up a pair recently, there awesome tables.
    previous owner only sold them because he got a wicked deal on techs and bought these brand new, said he has never had a problem with them.

Tech Mentor

I haven't got to see them yet in person but i spoke with the seller and he has had them for a few years sitting around, basic use on them, and still has the original boxes and instructions for everything. He also said he had shure needles on them, not sure if that is a big deal or what. Pretty much came down to him buying the gear and not getting into the habit and he now wants them gone.

all the cables are removable
    theres a line in and a switch to set the outputs from phono to line
    pitch bend buttons
    pick em up for that price cant go wrong

Tech Mentor

bmxerguy from your view on them how is scratching with them, anything that you dont like about them? I know they are not technics but ive read that the 100s have better torque than technics do.

They're not technics, but at that price, they're fine.

What vestax mixer is it?

Tech Mentor

not sure at all on the mixer the price was mostly for the turntables he was throwing the mixer in just to get it gone with the package. I figured even if it's a little two channel mixer it would still be a good addition or even possibly turn around and sell the mixer by itself on craigslist or something.

I'm pretty excited to get into the world of turntables. Just 3 days away! whoot.

Also this post makes my 100 post! lol now aiming for 1000

i just kinda got the itch to buy a set and they were the best deal around, im by no means any good whatsoever at scratching so i dont feel right giving these an in depth review in that area.
    I use them with butter rugs and i have fun.
    thats about all i can say at this point haha, wish i could be more of a help, i know another guy on here has a set aswell.

Tech Wizard

If anybody is In the South Florida I have the same setup that I was looking to sell

My 2 cents:
    Their great turntables given the fact that ive never had any trouble of frustration with them

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast