TMA-1 vs Xones XD-53
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default TMA-1 vs Xones XD-53

So im about to get some new cans, and i think ive narrowed it down to the TMA-1 or the A&H Xone XD-53...

i have a fairly large cranium (see brain case) and the gripe i notice most among this tier(200usd) of headphone is fit. im guessing sound quality will be similar between these two, but what im shooting into the dark here on is this:

does there happen to be anyone here with a head on the larger side ( i wear a 7 3/4 size fitted cap, so my head isnt huge like sputnik , but i dont have a pin head either) that has happened to try both cans, that would reccomend one pair over the other?

any other comparison would be valued as well, but im pretty certain i want one of these pairs so please dont mention other phones unless you truely believe them to be better for some reason.
    Traktor/Ableton /Komplete /MBP OSX el capitan

http://www.soundcloud.com/deejaesnafu

Prepare for the TMA-1 fanboys

XD-53s and TMA1s are two different things, you're comparing over ear to on ear which is very different.

I hate on ear so I naturally prefer XD-53s, and usualy the only gripe people have with the XD-53s is they are kind of big so if you have a small head they don't fit well, but in your case that's just more reason to get them. They have the biggest drivers of any dj headphone and sound great and are very rugged. On ear headphones sound wimpy to me regardless of if they supposedly have better isolation.

I got a Pioneer HDJ500, which to me is great.

(My head's too big to be squishing on Sennies, which result in a headeache for using them only a little more than 5 minutes.)

My advise, try them both on, for a half hour or longer. Then start picking.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

where on earth , in the albany new york area, could i try on these 2 pair of headphones? guitar center certainly has neither?

because this to me would be obviously ideal.

Guitar center probably has XD-53s, at least mine does.

just called mine... no luck.. i was just starting to picture having them on today too.

o well guess ill stuck ordering.

where is proaudiostar in new york?
    they are awesome at customer service they will help you decide bro.

i have the tma's but also got the as a package deal as of i bought a bunch stuff and they hooked me up with them for a steal.

i enjoy them, they are loud in the club and remain clear. However i never listened to the other pair you're asking about.

tma's are really comfortable and i have a big head lol
    Beatslicing for the bitches

Quote Originally Posted by ST.PE` View Post
    where is proaudiostar in new york?
    they are awesome at customer service they will help you decide bro.
    about a 3 hour drive from albany

call them up, they will help ya out.
    I can vouch for them as well as Xonetacular.

both have had good experiences with them
    Beatslicing for the bitches

My close buddy has the Xone 53's. I had the TMA-1's. In a direct comparison of the two, here's my two cents:

I have a large cranium. Both of them fit well. Really, I've dealt with some smaller headphones and didn't like them that much. But the fit on both of these is solid IMO. (I also have a 7 3/4 hat lol. So honestly, with both of these you won't have an issue). Actually, my buddy who owns the Xone's complains about them being too large sometimes as he has a smaller skull.

What it really comes down to is if you like ON ear or OVER ear better. To be honest, I liked the feel of the Xone's better. I just prefer over ear can's I guess. But that's completely personal preference. Both are quite comfortable pad wise and all that.

The bass response on the Xone's is a lot heavier. Take that as you will. I think both set of cans sound great. The TMA's are a lot more crisp and balanced, while the Xone's are crisp, but have a much more distinctive emphasis on the low end response.

The TMA's had a bit better isolation. But as they are on-ear, it's not really that surprising. Even having the volume pumped up pretty loud, if they were on my head, you would barely have sound bleed. I'm not really sure about this with the Xones tbh.

Other that, they are both really good cans. I'd entirely base any future decision on buying them on if you like on ear or over ear. Given they are similar price, that's my opinion at least.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast