TMA-1 vs Xones XD-53 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

yah i ended up going with the xones... thanks all for the input!
    Traktor/Ableton /Komplete /MBP OSX el capitan

http://www.soundcloud.com/deejaesnafu

Tech Wizard

I have the Xone 53's and agree with everyone's comments that it's big. It bothersome at times, but the sound as everyone pointed out on the low end is great...

Well you already made your purchase so this info is irrelevant but I thought I'd post anyway since I've used both in loud clubs and compared them side by side (though not in a club). They both sound amazing, and they sound different. Xones have more low end as has been pointed out, but TMAs sound more well rounded to me. But they both sound extremely clean - you're not getting muddy sound out of either no matter what. They're also both sturdy and well-built.

For me the TMAs outshine the Xones when it comes to club use. I've actually had trouble hearing the Xones in a loud club before thanks to the poor sound isolation (on my head at least). As people pointed out, everyone's head is different, so for some an over-ear design might provide better isolation, but for me the TMAs are awesome when it comes to isolation - a clean seal on the ear keeps the sound in so you don't have to crank it too loud.

oh yeah one advantage to the Xones is their portability; I like that you can fold them up, which you can't do with the TMAs.
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Tech Guru

Only had experience with the TMA-1's. Heard before that they're more suitable for bigger heads (slipping off if you move too violently with a smaller head) but they're great on me (7 5/8 cap).

I'm sure the Xone's will be decent though, enjoy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12