I want POST-FADER effects!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default I want POST-FADER effects!

Currently, I have been using my 1200's to mix and scratch to some Hip-Hop.
    I am currently using the S4 as my mixer (internal mixing in Traktor) and I love using the Delay(Freeze) effect for song transitioning. The down-side, as most of you may know, there are no Post-Fader effects when mixing internally in Traktor.

I am am considering purchasing a used mixer (DJM800, TTM56, something similar) where I can use the Post-Fader effects to incorporate into my mixing.
    I do prefer a 4-channel mixer because I tend to you use the sample decks from time to time.

The DJM800 has always intrigued me, but I notice on the majority of the youtube videos I have seen, most of the POST-FADER delay(freeze) effects that I like are done with the RaneTTM mixers.

On this video, it is done for the a brief moment during the intro and is being done with the TTM56. I want to know how he has this setup to work, since the TTM56 has the FlexFx, but no internal effects. Is he using Traktors effects, or an external effect processor?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...=pjywuxSjrRI#!

Here is another video where this DJ uses a lot of the Delay or Echo effects in his transitions, but I know he is using the TTM57S (has it's own effects) and with Serato.

approx(0:56) & (3:40)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJTWQ...1&feature=plcp

Basically I want to know how he has this setup in the first video since he is using TMM56 (no internal effects) and Traktor and if anyone has been able to create effects like this with the DJM800?

Thanks!
    Last edited by papo; 02-10-2012 at 03:01 PM.

He's using SSL not traktor and could be using a serato effect.

I'm pretty sure the djm800 has post fader deays.

The Xone: DB2 also has post fader effects.
    Last edited by Xonetacular; 02-10-2012 at 12:32 AM.

He is not using Traktor on the first video? I even see the Audio8 or 10 right behind the mixer...

How much does a DB2 run for used?
    Last edited by papo; 02-10-2012 at 12:34 AM.

Oh I didn't look at the first vid. The db2 just came out there aren't any used.

He could be routing traktors effects through the flexfx of the mixer through the audio 10 for post fader fx.

Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    Oh I didn't look at the first vid. The db2 just came out there aren't any used.
    lol. My bad. Shows just how much I am out of the loop when it comes to mixers.

Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post

He could be routing traktors effects through the flexfx of the mixer through the audio 10 for post fader fx.
    So if I use an Audio 10 and the DJM800 (5th channel for send/return), can I use Traktor effects w/ 800's post-fader? That would be my ideal choice!

Tech Guru

i've never tried it with Traktor and the DJM 800....but I do an "echo - out" with the 800 effects all the time. The echo on the 800 sounds much wetter that traktors delay, but the delay - freeze in traktor has a longer tail. If you figure out how to route the send/return I have an audio 8 to try it out on.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Default I want POST-FADER effects!

Thanks, Haze.

I am going to try to pass by your gig tomorrow. I couldn't make it last week. We can talk then.

I would love to test this out!

Papop218 there is a way to get post fader fx in traktor (internal mode), djdoraemon found that the gater fx in advanced mode can act as a fader/crossfader that can simulate post fader fx.
    It works like this : If you choose fx 1 and 3 for deck A, put a gater in advanced mode in fx slot 1, a delay in fx slot 3. Set the gater with the right settings, then the dry wet knob for the gater will act like a fader. Because the gater cuts the sound after the volume you have to map your line fader for deck A to the dry wet of fx1 and leave your volume fader completly up.

Liknks plus videos :

http://www.native-instruments.com/fo...d.php?p=995853

There was a thread in this forum too but i can't seem to find it.
    Anyway, this technic works, i use it for my cross fader, and i scratch, and i get really clean cuts (because i've set up the cross fader to act as a button not a normal fader, so the dry wet is either 0 (open) or fully closed). This work around also allows you to record post crossfader/fader any deck in the loop recorder, so you can record cuts with or without delay for any deck.

The trade off is that you are using one or two fx slots just to get this ability.
    macbook pro, technics trntbl, numark pro sm-1, vestax pmc 08 pro, traktor scratch pro 2, akai mpd 24, novation nocturn, vci-100 fw1.4, krk rp5g2 and FBV express mk2

@oneapemob... Thanks for the info. I had found that thread and even posted on it when I was doing some research, but it seems like too much work just to get it to work and then it not be exactly what I was looking for, considering I want to eventually use a real mixer, rather than the S4.

I am not knocking the S4... I do love it and will still continue to use it.

If you did this, would you mind simulating the fx used in the vids above and posting a short video?

Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast