Why won't BPM show in Traktor iTunes?
    Tech Guru

Default Why won't BPM show in Traktor iTunes?

So previously I use to use trainspotter to organize my iTunes smart playlists within Traktor, since updating to Lion and 2.1.2 trainspotter has stopped working. So I thought I would just give regular iTunes smart playlists a shot. The issues is some tracks have the BPM shown and others don't, even when they've been analyzed, in the track collection they'll show up as having all the necessary info (bpm, genre, album art)

Anyone know of a solution?

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Click on a track and select > Get Info
    Then click cancel.
    This forces iTunes to read the tag and BPM will show.

Or just play the tune.
    I dont think this works for multiple tracks though.

Tech Guru

Hey Karlos, I know your a Traktor guru, so far this is the only work around i've found for smart playlists, it still involves using Traktor playlists and collections. The only way i've found to update playlists in Traktor is to delete my existing playlist in traktor and then import it from iTunes back in. It only has to analyze the new tracks that have been added in recently since all the old tracks are in the collection anyways.

Will this add duplicates to my Traktor collection?

To do multiple tracks at once, highlight all of them, right click/command click/two finger click and select convert id3 tag...I usually go with the latest version, 2.4...click ok.

Now all of the highlighted tracks will update. Your "Last Modified" date will change to the current date, however, but thats not that big of a deal.
    nope.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rdej47 View Post
    Hey Karlos, I know your a Traktor guru, so far this is the only work around i've found for smart playlists, it still involves using Traktor playlists and collections. The only way i've found to update playlists in Traktor is to delete my existing playlist in traktor and then import it from iTunes back in. It only has to analyze the new tracks that have been added in recently since all the old tracks are in the collection anyways.

Will this add duplicates to my Traktor collection?
    No mate that wont make duplicates. Its only importing the M3U playlist and converting it to an NML playlist. In fact Traktor 3 (old version) used to have an "Import From Itunes" feature that brought a box with all your iTunes playlists listed so you could import multiple playlists. I used to do this all the time. I would keep my Traktor Browser Tree empty and import all the playlists i needed for a particular gig. Then delete them all and report them each time.

No idea why they took that out.

Quote Originally Posted by SpeshulEd View Post
    To do multiple tracks at once, highlight all of them, right click/command click/two finger click and select convert id3 tag...I usually go with the latest version, 2.4...click ok.

Now all of the highlighted tracks will update. Your "Last Modified" date will change to the current date, however, but thats not that big of a deal.
    Yeah... thats smart. Traktor uses 2.4 anyway so is they have already been analysed by Traktor you arent converting them anyway.

Thats should probably go in Traktor Bible

+1

Did that just last week, worked like a top.

I learned that tip when I keyed/bpm'd all my tracks...it was a life saver.

Itunes' smart playlists are a life saver as well.
    nope.

Tech Wizard

I learned that tip when I keyed/bpm'd all my tracks...it was a life saver.

Itunes' smart playlists are a life saver as well.
    Figured I'd bump this instead of making a new thread, this thread came up on a google search.

If I make a playlist in iTunes, open it in traktor and analyze the songs, go back into iTunes and "get info" on each song, the BPM still doesn't update in Traktor. It appears in the "Track collection" if I move them over, but I'm trying to "crate" my music using playlists.

Shouldn't the BPM in traktor's playlist update once I get info in iTunes?