Help me design promo poster for Mixlr show!
    Tech Guru

Default Help me design promo poster for Mixlr show!

Hey guys I made this super quick in Pixelmator (dumbed down editor) on Mac. I'd love the input of experienced graphic designers for layout and how I can make all the elements super clean. What's right with it and what's wrong.

The details I want are (Days, time, genres, my name, and link info: Facebook, mixlr) But I don't want it to be cluttered. What would you guys suggest from what i've posted so far.

The text on the left is too close to the edge - it's different to the right text - both at the top and the side...

The font's a bit week - and I would try it all in lowercase, unless you are pushing TWS as a name, if so try the TWS in a different colour.

And the blue background is a bit too sharp, try a deeper one.

My 2 pence (cents)
    SC | MC

Tech Guru

Hey Nicky thanks for the input, definitely helps. I hadn't thought to push the TWS either so that's something i'll have to consider.

I'm not too sure what you actually want to use this for? Is it a poster? Because you may want to bring in a background and possibly portrait rather than landscape?

As stated though, that blue just sticks straight out, so i would change that to something else (Possibly black background with white/gray text)

But yeah... What exactly is it for? (ie where are you going to upload it / put it?)
    “Getting information off the Internet is like taking a drink from a fire hydrant." Mitchell Kapor
    Setup: TP2 - Vestax Typhoon - Korg NanoPad - Windows 7 x64 - Sony Vaio (Deceased) - Acer Aspire Timeline.
    House Parties - 2x12" Titan Audio PA's, 1xBehringer B1500D Sub

I dont know if would help but ı use this on my sets . My friend do this for me.Simple and ı like it.I put the place where ı am playing and thats my poster.

I hope this will give an idea to you .

https://picasaweb.google.com/1093984...19889937250258
    Macbook Pro-Mixmeister Fusion-Traktor Pro 2-Audio 2

Tech Guru

WTF's that?

Try something with a nicer font, make it less garish, more information, portrait, some kind of background (a lot of people have running themes with there posters)

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=mag...:429,r:10,s:27

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=min...1t:429,r:3,s:0

It's not a flyer - he says its to promote his mixlr - so i'm guessing facebook and so on, but those flyers are nice so take some inspiration from them rdej47
    SC | MC

Tech Guru

Ya Nicky that's what I had in mind, having a picture looks a hell of a lot nicer then the default image. The first flyer looks dope. My mock up is really simple because I have zero design skill and I'm on a super tight budget so I can't afford to get someone to do one. So far the insight has been helpful

Here just slapped this together real quick.

There ya go:

Idea was the morning sun coming through the blinds
    The red and blue is me leaving a dream behind
    hashtag tws would be good hence the tws prominent

If you like pm me and I can finish it as you want
    SC | MC