Logic pro vs ableton live for a beginner - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Tech Wizard

Anyone have any experience with Studio One? I just downloaded the demo..

Thanks!

It's supposedly made by the same people who make Nuendo/Cubase. The Professional version is supposed to have some really cool features (total Melodyne integration, interesting track freezing MIDI->Audio and vice versa more straightforward than a lot of ways of doing it) and it's definitely legit despite being fairly young.

But, it works a lot like Cubase/Nuendo, which means it's a slightly different workflow from everything else. Apparently, it's supposed to be quick to learn, but I keep trying to do things the Pro Tools way, and it gets frustrating.

Definitely worth a try, though. People I know who use it love it. There are people on GS who've dropped every other major DAW for it and won't go back.

I definitely need to look at some tutorials or RTFM or something before I commit to PT. My only real complaint so far was that the last demo I had wasn't the Pro version, and whatever version it was wouldn't let you do simple things like bus tracks to auxes……which basically makes it unusable. I'm looking forward to trying it, but mostly I just think it's fugly at this point. We'll see.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345