Woohoo Skrillex! Won 3 out of 5 already! - Page 4
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 75
  1. #31
    Tech Mentor
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    190

    Default

    Thank god Skrillex got some, I was worried he wouldn't. The Grammy's are very commercial for those who don't know, although Adele is a great singer, she is not better than Kanye West, Bon Iver or Mumford & Sons. Oh and about David Guetta, first of all, he pretended to be scratching or something, also he turned like eleven knobs at the same time and started jumping and what not, but the CDJ-2000s were not on, WTF?

  2. #32
    Tech Mentor
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Chicagolandarea
    Posts
    186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DJSp1n View Post
    Oh and about David Guetta, first of all, he pretended to be scratching or something, also he turned like eleven knobs at the same time and started jumping and what not, but the CDJ-2000s were not on, WTF?
    So, he played his typical set then?
    Xone DX, SE-DJ5000, Itch
    http://soundcloud.com/eizhauz

  3. #33
    DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Argentina
    Posts
    6,523

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eizhauz View Post
    So, he played his typical set then?
    why change something that works?

  4. #34
    Tech Guru
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Cincinnati, USA
    Posts
    782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EchePalante View Post
    Na it was just a plain joke. And Adele did not deserve all of the grammys she won. Gurantee you if she didn't have that health problem, she wouldn't have gotten all these grammys. Also, Bon Iver for best new artist? What the hell do people listen to these days...Ive never heard of this guy before? Anyone?
    I don't want to make the Grammys out to be something that they are not, but it's all we got. Even though Bon Iver's and Skrillex's wins mean nothing but more album sales and jokes at their expense (Mau5's t-shirt, and Google "Bonnie Bear"), it's a HUGE testament to the direction of the industry.

    EchePalante, do you have idea what you're talking about? Do you know what it means to be a phenomenal talent or what it means to be a great songwriter?

    I absolutely appreciate the wins for these brilliant artists. I remember where I was when I heard "Rolling In the Deep" for the first time. That's fucking powerful. Bon Iver's "Skinny Love" made me pick up the guitar after it had sat in its case for a year. I wrote and recorded new song that day. When's the last time you were inspired by something that drove you to create?

    What the hell do people listen to? I listen to music that evokes emotion beyond "let's get hammered and bounce around in front of strobe lights". What do you listen to?

    edit: I'm sorry if this came off confrontational...not intended. It did strike a nerve with me though. I've been seeing a lot of comments that set me off on these boards lately. Perhaps I'm a crotchety old man now.
    Last edited by ToOntown; 02-13-2012 at 02:39 PM.

  5. #35
    DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Next to a canal in England.
    Posts
    9,028

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EchePalante View Post
    And Adele did not deserve all of the grammys she won. Gurantee you if she didn't have that health problem, she wouldn't have gotten all these grammys.
    How on earth do you arrive at that !!!???

    She got a sympathy vote for having a throat op... I mean, c'mon thats ridiculous.

    You may not like Adele (and there may not be able to be objective) but her album and single was well worth the win(s).

    The screening process for nominees isnt based on pity.

  6. #36
    Tech Mentor janzak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    380

    Default

    Man I'm so glad for EDM right now
    I used to link music in my signature but nowadays I don't.

  7. #37
    Tech Convert
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    14

    Default

    I think Adele is a real talent. She deserves the awards. However there's a media pumping for her that also should not be overlooked.

  8. #38
    DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Next to a canal in England.
    Posts
    9,028

    Default

    Apparently radio play and charts sales are not considered by the 150 or so people that select on the Grammys.
    Otherwise Lady Gaga and Rhianna and Bruno Mars would have swept the boards.

    I think people can be really cynical (me included) about award shows but i have no doubts that Adele earned those awards just as much as I think that Skrillex (who's music i cannot stand) equally deserved to win his.

    Daft Punk never won a Grammy, neither did Led Zep.

  9. #39
    Tech Mentor SpeshulEd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    314

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EchePalante View Post
    Na it was just a plain joke. And Adele did not deserve all of the grammys she won. Gurantee you if she didn't have that health problem, she wouldn't have gotten all these grammys. Also, Bon Iver for best new artist? What the hell do people listen to these days...Ive never heard of this guy before? Anyone?
    Bon Iver isn't really dancing music, but its pretty good.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KrmxavLIRM

    I dunno, I like them, good music to chill out to.
    nope.

  10. #40
    Tech Mentor killerfanatics's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Inglewood, Ca.
    Posts
    171

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by toontown View Post
    what the hell do people listen to? I listen to music that evokes emotion beyond "let's get hammered and bounce around in front of strobe lights".
    win!
    Quote Originally Posted by ToOntown View Post
    What the hell do people listen to? I listen to music that evokes emotion beyond "let's get hammered and bounce around in front of strobe lights".

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •