Woohoo Skrillex! Won 3 out of 5 already! - Page 4
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Thank god Skrillex got some, I was worried he wouldn't. The Grammy's are very commercial for those who don't know, although Adele is a great singer, she is not better than Kanye West, Bon Iver or Mumford & Sons. Oh and about David Guetta, first of all, he pretended to be scratching or something, also he turned like eleven knobs at the same time and started jumping and what not, but the CDJ-2000s were not on, WTF?

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by DJSp1n View Post
    Oh and about David Guetta, first of all, he pretended to be scratching or something, also he turned like eleven knobs at the same time and started jumping and what not, but the CDJ-2000s were not on, WTF?
    So, he played his typical set then?
    Xone DX, SE-DJ5000, Itch
    http://soundcloud.com/eizhauz

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eizhauz View Post
    So, he played his typical set then?
    why change something that works?

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by EchePalante View Post
    Na it was just a plain joke. And Adele did not deserve all of the grammys she won. Gurantee you if she didn't have that health problem, she wouldn't have gotten all these grammys. Also, Bon Iver for best new artist? What the hell do people listen to these days...Ive never heard of this guy before? Anyone?
    I don't want to make the Grammys out to be something that they are not, but it's all we got. Even though Bon Iver's and Skrillex's wins mean nothing but more album sales and jokes at their expense (Mau5's t-shirt, and Google "Bonnie Bear"), it's a HUGE testament to the direction of the industry.

EchePalante, do you have idea what you're talking about? Do you know what it means to be a phenomenal talent or what it means to be a great songwriter?

I absolutely appreciate the wins for these brilliant artists. I remember where I was when I heard "Rolling In the Deep" for the first time. That's fucking powerful. Bon Iver's "Skinny Love" made me pick up the guitar after it had sat in its case for a year. I wrote and recorded new song that day. When's the last time you were inspired by something that drove you to create?

What the hell do people listen to? I listen to music that evokes emotion beyond "let's get hammered and bounce around in front of strobe lights". What do you listen to?

edit: I'm sorry if this came off confrontational...not intended. It did strike a nerve with me though. I've been seeing a lot of comments that set me off on these boards lately. Perhaps I'm a crotchety old man now.
    Last edited by ToOntown; 02-13-2012 at 02:39 PM.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

And Adele did not deserve all of the grammys she won. Gurantee you if she didn't have that health problem, she wouldn't have gotten all these grammys.
    How on earth do you arrive at that !!!???

She got a sympathy vote for having a throat op... I mean, c'mon thats ridiculous.

You may not like Adele (and there may not be able to be objective) but her album and single was well worth the win(s).

The screening process for nominees isnt based on pity.

Man I'm so glad for EDM right now
    I used to link music in my signature but nowadays I don't.

Tech Convert

I think Adele is a real talent. She deserves the awards. However there's a media pumping for her that also should not be overlooked.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Apparently radio play and charts sales are not considered by the 150 or so people that select on the Grammys.
    Otherwise Lady Gaga and Rhianna and Bruno Mars would have swept the boards.

I think people can be really cynical (me included) about award shows but i have no doubts that Adele earned those awards just as much as I think that Skrillex (who's music i cannot stand) equally deserved to win his.

Daft Punk never won a Grammy, neither did Led Zep.

Na it was just a plain joke. And Adele did not deserve all of the grammys she won. Gurantee you if she didn't have that health problem, she wouldn't have gotten all these grammys. Also, Bon Iver for best new artist? What the hell do people listen to these days...Ive never heard of this guy before? Anyone?
    Bon Iver isn't really dancing music, but its pretty good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KrmxavLIRM

I dunno, I like them, good music to chill out to.
    nope.

Quote Originally Posted by toontown View Post
    what the hell do people listen to? I listen to music that evokes emotion beyond "let's get hammered and bounce around in front of strobe lights".
    win!
    Quote Originally Posted by ToOntown View Post
    What the hell do people listen to? I listen to music that evokes emotion beyond "let's get hammered and bounce around in front of strobe lights".

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast