Feel like an idiot but... can't get my Xone 92 to record a mix... help please?
    Tech Convert

Default Feel like an idiot but... can't get my Xone 92 to record a mix... help please?

Hey hey,

So I made the plunge and bought an Xone 92- loving it! That aside, I've been doing some Googling and fiddling around with it, and I just can't seem to get it to do what I need...

Trying to record a mix on Channel D of my Audio 8 DJ. Here's what I've got now...

Main volume is set to -6.0dB, Recording volume set to +3.5dB.

Output Routing set to External, Output Channels A and B are my CDJs, Output Channel D is cleared ("not connected"), as are Output Preview and Output Send.

Input Routing has Channels A-D all connected, and Input Send is not connected.

Recording is set to External and External Input is set to Channel D.

I just don't get anything from my meters on the Recording tab, and any of the test attempts to record turned up silent too. Any idea what I might be doing wrong? I'd really appreciate some info if you have any. This is my first time messing with recording, and I would reallllllly hate to have to use Audacity to record when I have such a convenient setup of Traktor's soundcard and a nice mixer now.

Thanks!

So you have RCAs from rec out of the 92 to Channel D inputs on the Audio 8? And is input channel D set up as 7 and 8 in?

I had the same problem before with my DJM800, try having the RCA's come out of your master out instead of your REC out. It shouldn't make a difference, but that's what got it working for me.
    DJ: Traktor Kontrol S4, Audio-Technica ATH-M50
    Production: LPD 8, Keystation 49, Fast-Track Pro, Equator D5 monitors

i am using the xone92 rec-out and had no probs with it. the only thing to mention is the -7db reduction to be capable of recording a dj which is using the headroom and don't play at 0db

but this you can adjust in your daw after the recording to 0db

(or use an aux out to set the volume level how you want ;D)
    ( www.sickinc.org ~ a psychedelic trance ritual )

Tech Mentor

send your 92 to me i'll let you know :0

Tech Convert

Nice, thanks for the help guys. Anyway.. I suppose to close this thread I'll mention that I figured out the issue. Very novice mistake.

RCA cable- $2.99. Time spent being frustrated at my set up/laptop- 2 hours. Finding out that I'm just a dumbass? Priceless.

It was the RCA cable I was using... I went to the store and bought a new one rather than using an older one I was using (thinking that I had done everything right, so it might be the actual cable), and now I'm getting signal.

Let's not talk about how much I've been kicking myself in the ass about this one. :P

/thread

Muahaha, great that that's solved! How is the sound quality with recording from an Audio 8? And how about the volume, my mixtapes (Line in from MacBook Pro directly to REC Out with RCA to line in cable) tend to have a low volume... Bollocks
    MacBook Pro 13 (Q1 2011) | Adam A5X | Akai APC20 | Alesis QX49 | Behringer BCR2000 | NI Komplete Audio 6