Soundcard - TP2 output to 2 lines simultaneously?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Soundcard - TP2 output to 2 lines simultaneously?

Hi all, I need some help.

I recently purchased an NI traktor audio 6 interface in order to allow for me to hear my monitor on traktor pro 2.

I run on a mac os (macbook pro).

I have an active sub with two passive 12" hooked up to an amp, and I want to be able to send traktors output to both my sub and my amp. They both have RCA input so thats not the problem.

In tp2 settings, it only allows me to set two channels (L and R). Is there a way I can set it to 4 channels so i can have the master output going to my sub and my amp simultaneously??

much thanks for the help
    Last edited by Devils Advocato; 02-12-2012 at 10:38 PM.

I would get something like this:

http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/802.aspx

I'm pretty sure that you can't do it within traktor
    “Getting information off the Internet is like taking a drink from a fire hydrant." Mitchell Kapor
    Setup: TP2 - Vestax Typhoon - Korg NanoPad - Windows 7 x64 - Sony Vaio (Deceased) - Acer Aspire Timeline.
    House Parties - 2x12" Titan Audio PA's, 1xBehringer B1500D Sub

Quote Originally Posted by Devils Advocato View Post

In tp2 settings, it only allows me to set two channels (L and R). Is there a way I can set it to 4 channels so i can have the master output going to my sub and my amp simultaneously??
    u could try "soundflower". i've only just got my first mac but installed that after Karlos Santos recommended it.

i presume u should be able to select soundflower as your output device and then use SF to route the same audio to each of your audio6 outputs.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Tech Wizard

No need to have multiple outputs. You can just split the output with two RCA splitters.

The best thing is to find an active crossover and send the output to that and then send the highs and lows to their respective amps (or powered speakers if that's what you have for mains).

The only advantage of using multiple outputs is potentially the ability to set different levels but you can likely do that at the amps with simple splitters.

Whether you use multiple outputs or split the signal, you'll have an issue with an overlap of low frequencies being produced by your mains and your sub. In a perfect world, not a good idea as you will get comb filtering and some phase issues where the two speakers overlap. If you want the best sound, invest in a crossover.

Quote Originally Posted by Paka Ono View Post

I find that these splitters have next to no shielding, and if you touch them at all, they make nasty interference, and their just a pain in the ass. Have to be really careful when your using stuff like that.
    “Getting information off the Internet is like taking a drink from a fire hydrant." Mitchell Kapor
    Setup: TP2 - Vestax Typhoon - Korg NanoPad - Windows 7 x64 - Sony Vaio (Deceased) - Acer Aspire Timeline.

Dont most active subs have a crossover built in? you should be able to go through that.
    Last edited by Conall; 02-13-2012 at 01:03 AM.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Conall View Post
    Dont most active subs have a crossover built in? you should be able to go through that.
    . 2chars

Quote Originally Posted by Conall View Post
    The speaker amp might has a different wattage to the sub amp.

I wouldn't dare plug my speakers into my sub instead of the amp that came with them... I just can't see it ending well

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by sparkbro View Post
    I wouldn't dare plug my speakers into my sub instead of the amp that came with them... I just can't see it ending well
    i don't think you understand what a crossover does (whether active or passive)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast