Kotka's DJ setup
    Tech Student

Lightbulb Kotka's DJ setup

Hello!

I'm new to this forum, decided to sign up after reading this for couple of months now.

So, first post then.. My DJ setup:

I use Traktor and I have mapped the novation nocturn 25 keyboard to it so that the drum pad acts as a sample deck and the knobs are the volumes for the samples. Pressing record on the keyboard would start to record the cued deck and then I could decide on which sample slot I want it by pressing the button just below the knob.

The right half of the keyboard acts as a loop trigger for the selected deck and the other half is mapped to the selected decks tone knob, with values that would represent the note pressed.

The pitch bender works as the filter knob for the selected deck. There's also couple more of functions added to this.

Then ofcourse I have the turtable setup also. And everything is connected to the alesis multimix8 usb fx mixer there in the middle.

EDIT:
    Got inspired and made a controller mapping map for the novation nocturn 25 and uploaded the .tsi file for you to download also.

EDIT:
    I now can record straight from my alesis mixer to the sample decks, so this means that I can sing to the microphone and record it in and run it trought effects and such.. If I had the turtable connected to this setup I could scracth the vocal samples on the way!

download nocturn.tsi
    Last edited by kotka; 02-13-2012 at 02:37 PM.

Tech Wizard

Wow, I really like what you did with the nocturn. Nice setup seems pretty cluttered though

Tech Student

Yeah, it's a bit messy But I'm really into electronics and building stuff and running home servers etc.. so it's pretty much always like that

Tech Wizard

I feel you, I'm still jealous though, wish I could have and fit that much equipment in my room.

Tech Student

Infact this is our kitchen

Tech Wizard

That's awesome. It will be years before I get a place to turn into my studio without sacrificing breathing room. Going off to college this summer, hope fully I can bring done of my set up along
    Last edited by mmjkrf; 02-13-2012 at 06:47 PM.