i am new... come at me bro

Default i am new... come at me bro

hello there my name is benny. i registered on this forum in order to get some advice from people. you can only learn so much before you turn to others for advice. i want to buy my first controller to start DJing. I've been researching it and trying to teach myself as much as I can learn and I would like to know what kind of laptop i should get with a 400-650$ budget that can handle a traktor s2 controller. I am not too familiar with traktor software (I practice with VDJ pro) and i havent had any gigs or anything like that other than DJing a friends house for fun. any recommendations? as of right now i am using a toshiba satellite (I dont know the exact model number and i dont have all the specs because i am on a different computer. i am also not super tech-savvy) with 2 gigs of RAM and 250 gigs HD space. i (think) it runs on 1.8 gigahertz... its not a great laptop for DJing i believe... as of right now i would like to buy the s2 because it seems to be a great starting controller and would be great to have instead of using VDJ with just a keyboard and mouse... (it's also hard to practice with sound coming out of the laptop and no extra sound card). should i even buy an S2 now to practice on my laptop with those specs? any advice is greatly appreciated! thank you and i hope i can learn something from this forum.

I'd say get the S2 now (whilst the deal lasts), and worry about the laptop later. It might not be capable of handling absolutely everything you throw at it (lots of FX etc), but it should manage basic operation of Traktor.
    iŽll quote you in 5 years and we both will have a good laugh while we are at this awsome dj battle on mars trying to finally beat the damned 1000 armed alien squid "dj squid master". his routines are sick!