Cueing issue
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cueing issue

Tech Wizard

Default Cueing issue

I just bought the Vestax VCI-100 and the Numark DJ iO.

See attachments for my Audio Setup & external soundcard setup.

When I'm playing two tracks on deck A and B and press cue on deck B no sound comes through my headphones.

Looking at my setup you might be able to see what I'm doing wrong.
    I hope someone can help me.

Thanks.

Tech Guru

The setup is correct, I would recommend getting the latest drivers at http://www.numark.com/djio also remember to cue you actually have push the cue button on traktor, not the cue for cuepoint, but rather the buttons in the middle of the screen that have headphones on them and correspond to each deck.
    FIX8:OSCill8
    My Rig: Macbook 13" (2.16ghz 4gb crucial ram), VCI-100 custom paint, Korg Nanopad, Axiom 25, DJIO

Tech Wizard

Additional information:
    The soundcard is attached directly to my subwoofer - I don't know if this can have anything to do with it.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Also remember that you need to have the Cue Mix not set all the way to the right, but instead toward the middle to hear it. Also reference your Cue volume and your channel volume on the DJ I/O.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by mpetersen3 View Post
    The setup is correct, I would recommend getting the latest drivers at http://www.numark.com/djio also remember to cue you actually have push the cue button on traktor, not the cue for cuepoint, but rather the buttons in the middle of the screen that have headphones on them and correspond to each deck.
    Thanks for the reply mpetersen3.

My driver is up to date and the cue button in Traktor is enabled.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post
    Also remember that you need to have the Cue Mix not set all the way to the right, but instead toward the middle to hear it. Also reference your Cue volume and your channel volume on the DJ I/O.
    Even though the Cue Mix is in the middle and the cue enabled on deck B, all sound (A & B) is comming through my speakers.

Tech Guru

Did you turn down the line faders or move the cross fader away from the deck you are running? That would cause it to come out of your speakers. (if this wasn't the case though you would hear it from both maybe).
    FIX8:OSCill8
    My Rig: Macbook 13" (2.16ghz 4gb crucial ram), VCI-100 custom paint, Korg Nanopad, Axiom 25, DJIO

Tech Wizard

I tried everything.. It doesn't work.

Just to clarify: As you can see in my attached photo of my soundcard only the "OUTPUT 1" is connected to my speakers. "OUTPUT 2" is not connected to anything - does it need to be, and if not, what are they for?

output 2 would be so you could use the soundcard with an external dj mixer then not plug anything into the headphone jack on the card and use the cue on the mixer.

you're setup looks right from what i can tell, best of luck

Have you tried switchin the outputs around in Traktor i.e. putting monitor as output 1+2 and master as 3+4? It's just that a mate who owns an Xponent always has the same problem when he hooks up to my setup, it seems to route backwards through the soundcard and switching the outputs fixes it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast