Traktor Pro Vs. Traktor Pro 2
    Tech Guru

Default Traktor Pro Vs. Traktor Pro 2

Ok, for some , many will say TP2 is better, but from what I see from big name dj''s, many are still on the older TP..why? Are there reasons? Better sound, more stable, better fx? I'm asking because I'm about to indulge into Traktor, but not decided which one to really use.

Your points would be interesting..
    VCI-100 Black SE/ FW 1.3 / VCI-300
    Traktor Pro 1.1.2 / Serato Itch / SL3 / Ableton Live 7
    Korg NanoKontrol / KRK V4's
    NI Audio 8 Dj / Pioneer DJM-600
    Macbook 13"/ 2ghz

download a demo of both and test 'em..
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

Tech Wizard

If you are just starting, buy the latest and learn it.

Those still on older versions are busy doing gigs and don't have the time or need to upgrade.

It's not about which is better, it's about how solid the setup is. If you are going to upgrade then chances are you break your rig just before a gig!

Tech Guru

Basically the effects are the same or better now in TP2?
    VCI-100 Black SE/ FW 1.3 / VCI-300
    Traktor Pro 1.1.2 / Serato Itch / SL3 / Ableton Live 7
    Korg NanoKontrol / KRK V4's
    NI Audio 8 Dj / Pioneer DJM-600
    Macbook 13"/ 2ghz

The new traktor 2 waveform sucks for some dj...it's hazy.
    traktor 1 waveform is better to make loops, cues etc... many more accurate for House, techno, trance... (4/4 beats tracks)
    Music, music, music....

Quote Originally Posted by claudek View Post
    Basically the effects are the same or better now in TP2?
    and there are a few more in TP2
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

Quote Originally Posted by claudek View Post
    Ok, for some , many will say TP2 is better, but from what I see from big name dj''s, many are still on the older TP..why? Are there reasons? Better sound, more stable, better fx? I'm asking because I'm about to indulge into Traktor, but not decided which one to really use.

Your points would be interesting..
    Where are you seeing this? Most vids I've seen of big name DJs they're either using TP2, or they're using TP1 because the vid is too old for TP2. One possible explanation though, if what you're saying holds water, is that the big name DJs are after stability over extra features and TP1 v 1.2.7 has been out for far longer than any version of TP2 so it has more of a proven track record. Also, for the touring DJ, it might not be feasible to test out a new setup/learn the new features in TP2 with their schedules. They're quite often creatures of habit too, so switching up the setup can be a bit out of their comfort zones/they have to spend more time learning something new. This is part of why you still see a lot of big namers still using CDJs; Traktor might allow more creativity, but old dogs->new tricks and all that jazz. Also, CD timecode is a bit buggy in TP2, or at least it has been until the recent update (I don't have CDJs so I can't be sure) so it might be that CD timecode works better on TP1. Some people also prefer the filters and EQ in TP1, but that's irrelevant for big name DJs because they're using the filters and EQ on the mixer anyway. Also, TP1's auto gridding seemed to do a better job, though some claim this has to do with the higher resolution waveforms in TP2 showing that the grid is off whereas in TP1 you just can't see it.

For my setup though, I far prefer TP2 to TP1.
    -I haven't had any stability issues
    -I far prefer the UI
    -The waveforms are miles better - spectrum to show you bass/treb/mid like Serato as well as just color in general; it seems like a small deal, but I found it much nicer/less dreary mixing with colored waveforms
    -The sample decks and loop recorder are cool to experiment with
    -The 4 new effects are more dynamic than the older effects and the old effects have been polished a bit
    -The scratch panels are a bit nicer, visually
    -More flexible sync options + vinyl softsync (I don't use it, but it's nice to have it there just in case)
    -More customizable deck layout
    -Comes with samples; not a huge deal but nice to have
    -The remix decks look promising
    -TP2 is continuing to get upgraded. TP1, as I understand it, is not. So... new features, bug fixes, etc. are a TP2 "feature"