Cheap DJ Laptop Recommendations??? - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

i'm using an XPS from DELL. 4GB ram, 7200 RPM HDD, core 2 duo 2.8Ghz. Generally good!

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Thats brave man, buying a laptop from Tesco.
    Glad it worked out though, hey "Every Little Helps" teehee (non english will not get that).

Karlos .. why brave ? its a HP laptop at the end of the day that could have been in any shop surely ? or is there something i'm missing.

Its probably old stock that teco have bought cheap but if the specs decent enough surely the fact its from tescos would play no danger part ?

Gav

Ps .. .i dont work for tescos hahaha
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

No dude you got me wrong.
    Ive no problem with Tesco (other than they are taking over the world).
    And your right its just a shop like any other.

What i meant was hes brave to buy a laptop from what is basically a Grocers.
    Id be too scared that i couldnt get support from the actual shop (even though he will get full tech support from HP).

Like i can walk into my local Apple reseller and say have a quick look at this and they will (my girlfriend worked there). I like that face to face thing.

Its just me, Im really picky where i buy stuff from cus im paranoid and i get too angry with phone support.

If your taking back some moldy bread then im sure that Tescos is great but im guessing that the till-jockey cant really help 'disabling system resources'.

But hey he got a good lappy and got it cheap so the moral probably is that i should shop in Tesco which oddly enough there actually ISNT one in my city.

Ahhhhhh i seeee...

I cant believe you have no tescos in your area !!! Thats rediculous, i live in a place that is barly a town and we have two tesco metros and then they have just bopught the summerfields supermarket so that will soon be no.3 but will be a proper on not just an overpriced rip off metro one

With regards to support its different ways of thinkin i guess, i hardley ever take after sales support into account when i buy laptops but i think thats due tio the fact i like tio tinker myself being in the it industry.
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

Tech Wizard

Amen on the RSDJMoniker post on page 2 of this topic.

My personal flavour: Thinkpad. (Here in The Netherlands) you'll find plenty of relatively new units from company overstock/business pricks who get a new one every year (etc) for really nice prices.
    My X60s cost me 800 Euros 2,5 years ago, the best purchase I made for dj use ever.
    (Well 2nd best after a Sennheiser HD25.)
    BCR2000, Urei 1603 + some stereo guitar effects, 2x Synq XTRM, Thinkpad X60s w Traktor Pro/Ableton, some external HDD's. Raggidy mixers/Lab equipment wanted for hacking purposes

Pretty sure thinkpads are rebranded Lenovos. They make them for IBM.
    Steve Boyett
    Podcasts: Groovelectric | Podrunner | Podrunner: Intervals
    Traktor user

Tech Wizard

To get your facts right: Thinkpad is Lenovo's 'business' laptop line.

Lenovo already produced IBM's laptops+pc's for a couple of years before Lenovo completely took over.

IBM doesn't produce consumer computers anymore ever since.
    BCR2000, Urei 1603 + some stereo guitar effects, 2x Synq XTRM, Thinkpad X60s w Traktor Pro/Ableton, some external HDD's. Raggidy mixers/Lab equipment wanted for hacking purposes

Oh, I see. So I was wrong when I said that Lenovo makes the Thinkpad. It turns out that the Thinkpad is actually made by Lenovo. I beg your pardon.
    Steve Boyett
    Podcasts: Groovelectric | Podrunner | Podrunner: Intervals
    Traktor user

Tech Wizard

I'm not trying to be an ass, I'm just pointing out facts Steve.
    You stated that they're made for IBM, well they aren't any more.

Tech Mentor

i've heard the first time ever of tesco in this thread btw.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast