PC resolution
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PC resolution

Tech Wizard

Default PC resolution

Hie guys

Im looking to get a 15.6' laptop with resolution of 1366x768..It seems to not have the best screen real estate at that resolution..just would like to know if that might cause any viewing problem for me when using Traktor 2,other dj related software?

Unless you have a seriously compelling reason to get a laptop with a resolution that low, I would avoid it if at all possible. On a 15.6" screen that res is going to look like crap. As for Traktor, you're going to have a very cramped screen - harder to browse, harder to see what you're doing, etc. Keep in mind that's basically netbook resolution, and they have screens about half the size.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by keeb View Post
    Unless you have a seriously compelling reason to get a laptop with a resolution that low, I would avoid it if at all possible.
    coz its pretty much a perfect laptop,specs and price wise exept for the resolution and hdd rpm of 5400...damn thats really disappointing coz Ive really set my heart on it..anyway,thanx for the valuable information,mate,saved me frm making a big mistake..

There won't be any issue with the Traktor or VirtualDJ view. The resolution is high enough.I also own a 14" notebook with 1368x... screen and everything's alright!

Tech Mentor

im using a 15" with the same res and i have no problems at all.

With Traktor...dont even bother looking at your browsing screen while u have ur decks playing...thats what the browser view is for.
    Kontrol S4-Novation Launch Pad-MF Pro BM-Traktor Pro 2-KRKRP8/KRK10-Windows 7 64 Bit-Toshiba A660

I dont care if you use 2 ipads...2 cassette tapes...or a washboard and a wooden spoon...if you rock it, you rock it.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by RockingClub View Post
    There won't be any issue with the Traktor or VirtualDJ view. The resolution is high enough.I also own a 14" notebook with 1368x... screen and everything's alright!
    +1

I have a 14" with 1368x768. It's fine. I do keep TP2 in a 2 deck mode, and don't display the sample decks. That gives me 10-ish lines in the browser.

If I need to see the sample decks then I will also need to switch to the full screen browser to do any song selection.
    Denon X1600, NI X1 Mk1 & Mk2, MF Twister
    Kontrol S2, Maschine Mk1, APC 40
    Retired: VCI-100 Arcade (Signed #198/300))
    BFM 10x DR200 & 10x Titan 39

There's no real major issue with Traktor, but with Maschine & the like, you may not see the whole VST, option screen & such. My latest laptop have this resolution, not bad, but certainly something I wouldn't buy again.

Again, with Traktor there's no real issue.
    Steve Zorilow: Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Twitter

Tech Wizard

thanx for the info guys,appreciate it alot.however,im lookin forward to a different lappie now,a gaming line laptop..i came across a few posts scattered on the net claiming gaming line pc's arent suitable for DAW's as they are optimised for different purposes.
    wud this be right?

a bit rubbish...
    Steve Zorilow: Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Twitter

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

thanx for the info guys,appreciate it alot.however,im lookin forward to a different lappie now,a gaming line laptop..i came across a few posts scattered on the net claiming gaming line pc's arent suitable for DAW's as they are optimised for different purposes.
    wud this be right?
    I smell bullshit ..

Running games generally requires as much if not more Juice than DAW's ..better graphics, more ram, faster processors, hard-drives etc.

Regards the resolution, it'll work just fine but its pretty low res for a 15' in this day and age.

You'd be better off posting models' rather than "gaming laptop" if you want real answers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast