Dealing with a Negative DJ and bashing. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tech Wizard

Also anyone willing to listen to my mix and send feedback my way would be great. I don't really have any dj friends to bounce ideas off of or learn from. I am just wandering in the dark(I don't mind wondering because I stumble on some pretty cool things).

http://www.mixcloud.com/jh822/i-got-...u-what-i-feel/

Tech Wizard

I know this sounds callus but no one cares about your love-life in the club (or this dude's agenda) so you're making this a bigger deal than it needs to be. Are you into DJing for the ego stroke (and all the trappings) or are you into it because you love the art? Critics will give bad reviews and as an artist, you need to be able to take the good with the bad so carry yourself in such a way that you hear everything constructive but don't let it effect you negatively.

Club Managers only care about one thing "Will you make them more money than what they currently make with their current situation?" People in the crowd only care that they have good music to move to... most of the time they only really care about their intended sexual targets (and maybe about a drink). To be a good DJ, it takes someone who cares about what OTHER people want to hear, if you're wrapped up in your own problems, how open do you think you're going to be to OTHER people's needs?

If the DJ really does have pull with the club people (meaning both the club manager and/or the crowd), go someplace else to build up your credibility or change music scenes (it's really painful to try and fight an uphill battle). Are you really going to let some heckler stop you from what you enjoy doing?

The wrong women (like passing music trends) come and go but love (for the art and the right one) will stay.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Right, well my apologies for jumping to the exact opposite of what actually happened.

The guy is tool.

Its strange that someone who is so well connected and respected in your scene is acting like such a douche. Does he command the respect of everyone or just the usual wannabe 'here to day, gone tomorrow' kinda people cus those guys soon disappear.

If i were you id lay low a little, work on your craft and keep pumping good mixes. If your mixes are good he will soon start to look like a twat dissing something that is clearly good.

He can be a twat, but only for so long before other people notice it and start to distrust his opinion.

These things usually blow over quite quickly.
    Karlos hit the nail on the head here. Also, it sounds like you're not currently gigging - is that accurate? Because if you're not playing out, then he's just an asshole bashing a bedroom DJ which to most people is just going to make him look bad. Another angle for this is to try to get to know some of the people who run these events you want to play at. If you can manage to get on good terms with the club owners/talent management, his bashing could end up losing his ass a paid gig.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12