Dealing with a Negative DJ and bashing.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Dealing with a Negative DJ and bashing.

I am new and a work in progress. But I practice as much as possible and for the most part am still trying to polish up the basics of mixing. There is a local DJ that is sour when it comes to me because of personal reasons (a woman). So I post my first mix ever() and he posts on it that it was the biggest POS and now he never have that 17 mins and 10secs back of his life.. He has bashed me on his FB page and I recently had a couple of people come up and ask me some really obscure questions that need not be discussed here. Basically the guy is trying to ruin any chance I may have in the area of getting any notoriety. He is somewhat well know he does all the major events I would one day like to be a part of. I have kept my mouth shut in hope that he just stumbles over himself. I am new to the "scene" and I just am not sure of the best way to combat the issue. He even when ahead and took the set list I used in the above mix and remixed it and yea it's better but he has been doing it for years me 3-4 months and I don't thing mine sounds all the bad. I only posted the mix for some constructive criticism not for some (Explicit Content) to bash what I spent time on putting together. The one nice thing is now I am motivated to one day become better than him.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Let's establish one thing first. Did you or did you not steal/sleep with/punch/bad mouth/run over his woman..?

You made a very small reference to a massive issue... His woman (?)

I'm not being flippant. I'm asking a serious question cus if you did (especially steal/shag) then you have a major problem.

Im not judging you at all, and im not saying what he is doing is some kind of justice cus its not, he is being very unprofessional but... and this is a big but... professionalism and good judgement can fly out of the window when the heart is involved.

Maybe in time he will move on.

We have a saying in UK "Don't piss on your own door-step".

Hope it works out for you. All you can do is practice and prove you can do the job well.

Tech Wizard

No the skinny of the situation is my girl friend left me and became available. They became friends then got a little closer. When he started pushing her to commit she stepped back and realized WTH am I doing and we started seeing each other again. So yes the heart is involved but I did not swoop in and steal his woman out from under him in a sense he did that to me. I delt with it and stayed level headed. Clearly he didn't and scared her right back to me. If that makes any sense.

Basically I didn't know if it is better to keep my mouth shut or if I should issue some sort of statement laying out the facts. I don't know that keeping my mouth shut is going to help or hurt me this time. I am one to lay low but I also am not one to let others walk all over me. But all at the same time I don't want to jeopardize my name when my name is nothing as it stands now. I feel that if I got recognized by bashing a well known dj that would only hurt me in the long run.

Tech Wizard

Also I like that saying.

i say you just talk to him man. Try to reason, and if he wants to be a douche then just forget that guy and devote yourself to showing him up in the mix and screwing with his ego. If that also fails, just send him pics of you and your girl to him and laugh and go about your business. But try to be the mature one first

you could alway try to offer him a drink....... a Molotov cocktail for example
    MF Pro & Spectra | Kontrol S4 MKI | 2x Kontrol S1 MKI | MC-1000 | Generic MKI

Tech Guru

...nothing a good old fashion ass whopping wouldn't fix.

You want to talk shit --- then lets go outside. Simple.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Tech Mentor

Give us his Soundcloud and Mixcloud page and we give him a taste of his own medicine. Yeaaaahhhh!!!

(sarcastic just to clarify)

Tech Wizard

Yea ima just let it play out. I may have prematurely posted this out of rage. He can do what he wants. I'll stick to what I know how to do for now and that is practice and remember why I started to do it in the first place. Because I love it!!!!!!!!

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phaided View Post
    No the skinny of the situation is my girl friend left me and became available. They became friends then got a little closer. When he started pushing her to commit she stepped back and realized WTH am I doing and we started seeing each other again. So yes the heart is involved but I did not swoop in and steal his woman out from under him in a sense he did that to me. I delt with it and stayed level headed. Clearly he didn't and scared her right back to me. If that makes any sense.

Basically I didn't know if it is better to keep my mouth shut or if I should issue some sort of statement laying out the facts. I don't know that keeping my mouth shut is going to help or hurt me this time. I am one to lay low but I also am not one to let others walk all over me. But all at the same time I don't want to jeopardize my name when my name is nothing as it stands now. I feel that if I got recognized by bashing a well known dj that would only hurt me in the long run.
    Right, well my apologies for jumping to the exact opposite of what actually happened.

The guy is tool.

Its strange that someone who is so well connected and respected in your scene is acting like such a douche. Does he command the respect of everyone or just the usual wannabe 'here to day, gone tomorrow' kinda people cus those guys soon disappear.

If i were you id lay low a little, work on your craft and keep pumping good mixes. If your mixes are good he will soon start to look like a twat dissing something that is clearly good.

He can be a twat, but only for so long before other people notice it and start to distrust his opinion.

These things usually blow over quite quickly.

But... if you feel that you have already paid enuff for his shit, go public. Tell people what happened and that all you want is peace and to be able to get on with music. You dont need to do his venues/gigs but you can at least stop the rot.
    Then after some time you will probably start getting gigs on your own merits.

I wanna punch this guy for you, I really do.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast