4 CDJs with Traktor?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default 4 CDJs with Traktor?

How, or is it even, possible to connect 4 cdjs and a mixer to your laptop using Traktor? I've seen it done with 2 but cannot remember ever seeing 4.

assuming you're using timecode... it is possible with the proper soundcard... Audio 8 or Audio 10.

In HID, can't tell, I would say yes.
    Steve Zorilow: Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Twitter

Tech Mentor

thanks

Tech Mentor

definitely possible...Either with timecodes or in HID mode...

I know for a fact that you can run 2 cdjs without a soundcard in traktor in HID mode aggregated, not positive on the 4 though. Cant see why not.

Going to need a NI Audio 8 or 10 to run with timecodes...
    | 13" MBP (mid 2010) | Traktor Pro 2.0.3 | Audio 8DJ | Kontrol X1 | Akai LPD8 | 2 x CDJ-400 | Allen & Heath Xone 42 | AIAIAI TMA-1 | 2xRokit KRK 6SE WHITE |

Tech Mentor

will i be able to control bpms of the track so I'm not stuck manually beatmatching i could get through a set doing it but would rather have the assist of the bpms on the traktor display and match them.

If you're not manually beatmatching, what's the point of having 4 CDJ's in Traktor? A controller would be a lot easier...
    MacBook Pro 13 (Q1 2011) | Adam A5X | Akai APC20 | Alesis QX49 | Behringer BCR2000 | NI Komplete Audio 6

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by JDFS View Post
    If you're not manually beatmatching, what's the point of having 4 CDJ's in Traktor? A controller would be a lot easier...
    In the case that you would be playing in a club that has a 4x CDJ + DJM install, would you be able to bring your Audio 8/10 and Laptop and still have the power of Sync, BPM Readouts, and the Phase Meter in Traktor?

I own a Kontrol X1, so I don't get in that position. Like I said before, just go for a controller. I don't care about BPM, since I just adjust that with the X1 or manually in Traktor. Phase Meter is perfectly on the X1 .
    MacBook Pro 13 (Q1 2011) | Adam A5X | Akai APC20 | Alesis QX49 | Behringer BCR2000 | NI Komplete Audio 6

Tech Mentor

no i have a controller ,Traktor s2, but some venues have a set up where its 4 cdjs and a DJM

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by rdubs View Post
    In the case that you would be playing in a club that has a 4x CDJ + DJM install, would you be able to bring your Audio 8/10 and Laptop and still have the power of Sync, BPM Readouts, and the Phase Meter in Traktor?

thanks

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast