Now Where do I start? :S

Default Now Where do I start? :S

Hey guys!

For the past year I've been a bedroom DJ using a hercules RMX, APC20, and a Akai LPD8. I've become quite familiar with DJ'ing with Traktor and Ableton and would know how to perform a DJ set. I've also practiced at a buddies house for countless hours with CDJ's so I know how to use those aswell.

Now I spin house, electro house, dubstep, and even some hardstyle. I also produce house and dubstep and I am releasing a free EP within the next couple months under a future possible freenetlabel.

Question is, I know nobody in the Dj'ing business and I am 17. So i don't have any hook ups with promoters or anything. I've put countless ads on kijiji and nadda. What do i do? Where do i start?

Kind of sick of doing sets everyday because I feel I am ready for a crowd.

Thanks guys! If it helps I am from Cambridge, Ontario, Canada. (Waterloo region)

I wish I knew some promoters for you, I'm in Kitchener, but my audience is the wall in my livingroom. Check with Beta. They are a new club that opened up in uptown waterloo. All electronic. Side note, Zedds Dead plays there tomorrow night.
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

I was in Waterloo last week, I would have been your audience of 1.
    Beats By Dre is like audio flu for your balls.