Need Some Help in my Timecode Setup...
    Tech Student

Question Need Some Help in my Timecode Setup...

Hi,

I am just starting to use a timecode., i use TSP2 by the way and my problem is when i hold my timecode vinyl or try to remove the tonearm of my TT while the deck is moving, the track that are playing goes rush back its like rewinding..
    Anyone here have the same experience???

Have you gone through the calibration setup?
    Beats By Dre is like audio flu for your balls.

Tech Student

yup already done that and it was ok., i use stanton 680hp cartridge., i already read the traktor scratch manual 10x... and read some usefull tips on the net but nothing works...
    this is the list of my gear (stanton str8-150, stanton 680hp cartridge, pioneer djm300, audio 4 dj and TSP2 Version2.1.2 do you think the audio 4 is the one causing the problem?

Do you get the same behavior on both decks?
    Beats By Dre is like audio flu for your balls.

Tech Student

yup same behavior on both decks... still i am working on it need to figure this out..

Shot in the dark:

have you grounded your decks properly? If you don't ground them there will be noise coming from the decks and i imagine that the soundcard could misinterpret that, but as i said, complete shot in the dark.

I know that on DJ Decks when using timecode vinyl you have to set the minimum sensitivity for the vinyl in the timecode options - could it be the same for TSP2?
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    I know that on DJ Decks when using timecode vinyl you have to set the minimum sensitivity for the vinyl in the timecode options - could it be the same for TSP2?
    Same problem here.. but i cant find the sensitivity parameter that you are referring.

TIA

Tech Mentor

Using SSL these days I can only offer suggestions, but if you be methodical about it...

Check if the decks are set to LINE or PHONO. Ensure that the A4DJ is set appropriately for the deck's output.

Ensure that the channels aren't swapped (as in the stereo pair). You don't want from turntable-to-A4DJ-to-mixer, for example, to be RED-WHITE-RED-WHITE, or RED-WHITE-WHITE-RED.

Once you're confident these are correct, ONLY THEN start faffing with the ground switch on the decks.

Let us know how you fair (perhaps, if you have any success, listing the combination here for others who may encounter the same issue). Might help to do just a single deck, and backtrack with the second one if you need to.