Help With Recording!

Default Help With Recording!

Hey guys........I need help with the REC function.
    I have SL3 and a Pioneer djm700.......I have 2 tt's and the 3rd pair of RCA's go from the SL3 to the 'REC output' on the 700......

Problem Im having is when I go to record a session, it comes out distorted.
    Thru the software I have lowered the recording level, and still reads on the high side........if I try to reduce the trim on the mixer same thing happens.

Any ideas? I need to record me sessions and cannot figure this thing out!

Thanx!

You're trying to record a Scratch Live mix or digitize some old vinyl?
    How is the SL3 connected to the DJM700, using line or phono inputs on the mixer?
    Main Setup: Technics 1210, Rane Sixty Eight, Novation Dicers - Backup: Pioneer CDJ1000Mk3, Pioneer DJM400, Denon HC1000S
    Soundcard, Software, Midi & CPU: Rane SL4 & SL1, SSL, Ableton Live 8, Bridge, Mix Emergency. AKAI APC20 & MPD24, Touch OSC. Macbook Pro 15" Leopard, Macbook Pro 17" Lion, Dell 17" XP, Dell 17" Win7

Both, but I got it, I had the dipswitch set to phono, now its on line!
    Now to figure out how to get the waveform to appear.........

thanx tho!

Default Recording with Your Rane SL 3

Main Setup: Technics 1210, Rane Sixty Eight, Novation Dicers - Backup: Pioneer CDJ1000Mk3, Pioneer DJM400, Denon HC1000S
    Soundcard, Software, Midi & CPU: Rane SL4 & SL1, SSL, Ableton Live 8, Bridge, Mix Emergency. AKAI APC20 & MPD24, Touch OSC. Macbook Pro 15" Leopard, Macbook Pro 17" Lion, Dell 17" XP, Dell 17" Win7