DJ Swamp Levitates Record! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Classic fishing line trick. Never the less sweet

Quote Originally Posted by sobi View Post
    instead of me explaining, ask yourself (maybe out loud even) why a DMC style DJ would do any of the things they do, like scratching behind their back, using their nose to move the cross fader, picking up a turntable while scratching. If you still don't get it, consider the fact that showmanship and/or the spectacle of turntablism escapes your appreciation and move on.
    Showmanship is one thing, bending your record in half is another. Sorry, I don't get it. I get everything else you just said, but bending a record in half seems silly to me. A master chef doesn't shoot ketchup all over the kitchen to put on a show.
    nope.

Quote Originally Posted by SpeshulEd View Post
    Showmanship is one thing, bending your record in half is another. Sorry, I don't get it. I get everything else you just said, but bending a record in half seems silly to me. A master chef doesn't shoot ketchup all over the kitchen to put on a show.
    Though mixologists (bartenders) will unnecessarily throw bottles through the air just to poor a drink.

Do me a favor... go learn to do a scribble or chirp. Then after you've learned it, try doing it while bending the record the same way swamp does. Then after that, report back to this thread and post about how silly you were being, and how now you understand what I was saying.

Lol at all the people saying it's inexcusable to bend a record like that when he probably cuts the shit out of it on a daily basis.

And besides, it's safe to say that most records used in a showcase like that aren't some super valuable white labels or dubs or some shit.

Oh and for the record (pun intended) I thought his fishing line trick was cheesy as fuck.

LOL I love how this thread got heated really quick! I think its cool how he has like 3 records on the same deck and just kinda pulls em off and tosses em without missing a beat and keeps on scratching.
    Reloop TM4 : Audio6 DJ : Kontrol X1 : Traktor Pro Scratch 2 : Ultrasone DJ1 Pros : Ableton 9 : Launchpad Mini :

God what is the music he's playing it sounds like shit.
    BCF 2000
    Traktor Pro 2
    Kontrol X1

Tech Mentor

It's called invisible thread. Magicians use it, I guess you can use it for a vinyl too apparently.

i thought that was pretty cool... as to "why" well "why not"? don't think there needs to be more of a non-reason than that
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by ToS View Post
    Is that the same guy that trashed CDJ1000 on a scratch competition?
    The very ONE

Also his routine where he self harms with a smashed 12" now that's SHOWMANSHIP

Ok, so that's the same guy then that scratched (on the same DMC tournament) 1/3rd of the broken record.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzPnK...eature=related
    Many photons have died to bring you this information.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast