Anyone who can mix songs...Please help
    Tech Student

Default Anyone who can mix songs...Please help

Okay, whoever you are thank you for going on this thread
    I didn't know what topic to put it in so I chose here
    I am having some trouble mixing songs and I was wondering if the community could help ^_^
    I can't really explain what's wrong but if I think of it I will edit
    ANY tips would be helpful. Maybe I just can't find a good time in my head to mix between
    Thanks and all the best,
    me
    Edit: sorry for the smileys lol

Tech Student

Thanks for the reply :-) It actually helped quite a lot! I understand it much better I give kudos you kudos for replying

It's difficult to help you without knowing what you think you're doing wrong, try mixing together a few tracks and upload it for critique.
    iŽll quote you in 5 years and we both will have a good laugh while we are at this awsome dj battle on mars trying to finally beat the damned 1000 armed alien squid "dj squid master". his routines are sick!

It's all about experimentation, one day it'll come.

Try to pick songs that are in the same BPM range and fine tuning them with pitch adjustments. Once you can confidently do that, try to grasp the basics of phrase-mixing and I guarantee your mixing skills will shoot through the roof.

Most of all, practise, practise, practise.

Tech Guru

Also what equipment are you using?

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by Cybertrash View Post
    It's difficult to help you without knowing what you think you're doing wrong, try mixing together a few tracks and upload it for critique.
    http://soundcloud.com/dj-funzo/dj-te...ls-forum-thing

^----- This is the link. Please listen to it and tell me what you think This is for CybeTrash and anyone else. Constructive criticism only please :-)

I dont think I would personally use the beatmasher or whatever that affect is, there are certain times when you use it and it works well, but its one of those things that when misplaced just detracts from the overall sound. IMO. nice job though.

Tech Guru

Go easy on the effects for sure, you have to think about people dancing, how pissed off would you be trying to dance to that?

The transition in the middle worked okay, echoing out into the violin.

The others didnt really fit, the first transition where you just drop the next track straight on was out of beat, needed to be 2 beats later (on the "1" not the "3" beat).

Play with songs you really enjoy and know really well, you will eventually get a feel for where to mix in/out of a song, and which songs you can run together (instead of just slamming between).