Split Prelisten/Cueing - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

mac or windows?

windows..

Quick google search...you'll have to twaek this a bit to make it work, hope it helps.
    http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=13317

I've managed to combine the 2 soundcards in traktor via Asio4all.

Now my question is, do I have to selected Internal or External mixing mode in output routing?

So we've got 2 hercules RMX and 1 hercules MK2. How do I assign this so that we can route our output of the RMX' to the MK2 and use this one as a mixer...

I've been tryin to figure this out for a little bit...im guessing by not having the units infront of me...go from the rmxs master rcas in on the MK2.
    Leave traktor in internal mixer and map all of the funtions but the crossfader that you want to control...Your unit A and B would have vol, eg, gain, play, pause, all basic funtions except the crossfader, and have your friend mapped to the same things on decks C and D...then i would just use my volume faders for mixing and when friend wants to come in....move crossfader on the MK2 and mix into it. then your friend can take over and continue to mix using the volume faders on his RMX.
    God that sounds confusing reading it back, hope it helps.

The problem is when i leave traktor to internal mixing mode I can only 1 soundcard to use as monitor/cue/prelisten, I want to know if it is possible to use the 2 soundcards to prelisten and use the mk2 as mixer to combine the 2 RMX... thanks...

i dont think its possible in traktor thinking about it more, there may be some fancy routing in the asio end of things.

So the only solution will be 2 laptops and manual beat matching?

yes...or mix from the same computer, let them know a song in advance there coming in next and pass of the headphones as soon as you have you song cued and ready to mix. That way he has some time to look for a song and can see what your doing before you go into it. Mixed like this for a while till i could afford my own rig.

what do you mean by your own rig? do you have any experience with midi syncing?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast