Split Prelisten/Cueing
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Split Prelisten/Cueing

Hello,

I've been sitting for a long time with this issue... Me and my friend always DJ with 2. We have been doing this on 1 laptop but the problem is if one of is prelistening/cueing up his song, the other one can hear this too. So we can't prelisten/cue up at the same moment, we have to wait untill the other one has finished.

I've bought a litte adapter that splits the headphone jack in 2, so that we don't have to share our headphone. Now we both got our own headphone but we keep hearing the sound from the other one...

My question is there a solution to split the prelisten/cueing? We've got each our own hercules RMX + 1 hercules MK2 (so that makes 3 soundcards at our disposal). Is there a way so that I (DJ 1) can hear for example deck A&B through my headphone and that my friend (DJ 2) can hear deck C&D trough his headphone.

I thought i could fix this problem easily by using 2 laptops, each using 1 soundcard (RMX) and by syncing the 2 laptops by midi. This hasn't been very succesfull...

Any suggestions are welcome...

You're making no sense at all mate.

Wow thank you for the very usefull reply... Can you be a bit more specific.

All I want to have is 2 DJ's with each 2 decks, staying in sync and prelisten/cueing separately...

Skip all the hassle and just learn to beatmatch manually. Then you don't need to go through this whole ordeal.

I was expecting that somebody would say this. I know that it is possible to route the decks separately to different soundcards... I know that some people know how to do it, so why not do it that way...

Believe me, the hours you'll spend on this forum looking for an answer on how you two can press the sync button and match both sounds together is much better spent learning to beatmatch.

It's genuinely a skill that at some point in your DJing career, you will need.

Tech Mentor

not really an easy way round this if you are wanting to use sync.. connecting via midi is it really.
    Macbook Pro 2011 :: Xone 22 :: Technics 1200 :: Denon DNS3700 :: 2x Midifighter ::Akia MPD24 :: Kaoss Pad 2 :: Audio 6 :: KRK Rockit 5 Darkstar :: Roland Sh-101 :: Traktor Scratch Duo :: Ableton live 8

Hmm have been googeling a lot around midi.. The problem is that neither the hercules RMX or the MK2 has midi connections... So i was looking to send the midi signals via internet/wifi but without succes...

Tech Guru

Using another soundcard just route A/B to the inputs on one rmx, C/D to the other RMX and have your own headphones for each rmx?

Unless im missing something...

Is that possible with asio4all? So I can combine the 2 soundcards to 1 ?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast