DJing Noob In Need Of Help! Which DJ Controller to get? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Ugadeee View Post
    Thanks for the replies guys!!! I'm now torn between the Mixtrack pro and S2. What features does the S2 have that Mixtrack doesnt? Thanks
    Basically, the S2 has a *lot* better integration with Traktor, you'll be able to use more of Traktor in a more intuitive way. Not to mention that the S2 comes with the full version of Traktor Pro 2, the Mixtrack Pro does not.
    iŽll quote you in 5 years and we both will have a good laugh while we are at this awsome dj battle on mars trying to finally beat the damned 1000 armed alien squid "dj squid master". his routines are sick!

Tech Wizard

Oh i see.
    But I saw an ad on kijiji, and this guys selling his Mixtrack (not pro) for $100. I am thinking about getting this as my first because it is very cheap. He states that its barely used but bought in may 2010.
    If I DO buy this, what else would I need?
    I have a macbook pro 15' and nice headphones already. Thanks

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Thanks for the replies guys!!! I'm now torn between the Mixtrack pro and S2. What features does the S2 have that Mixtrack doesnt? Thanks
    1. Quality feeling Controller - everything is "Tight" on it, and doesn't feel like cheap plastic.
    2. Native Instuments Audio2 Soundcard
    3. Traktor Pro (Full version worth $200 on its own)
    4. Longevity - you will probably outgrow the Mixtrack pretty fast and end up dropping yet more cash much sooner OR end up wanting full version DJ software.

But I saw an ad on kijiji, and this guys selling his Mixtrack (not pro) for $100. I am thinking about getting this as my first because it is very cheap. He states that its barely used but bought in may 2010.
    If I DO buy this, what else would I need?
    I have a macbook pro 15' and nice headphones already. Thanks
    You'll still need a decent sound card ($100) + software. The Lite version that comes with most entry level controllers is pretty limited for anything more than a-b mixing.

The s2 is a silly deal NOT to get right now (if there is any possibility that you can afford it). you'll have a brand new 100% warrantied "industry accepted" controller with full version of traktor rather than a cheap "looked down by pro's" controller + external sound card (taking up another valuable USB port) .. limited version software and (at best) expiring warranty.

IMHO of course.

DJ'ing is not really a game you want to get into "on the cheap", despite it being possible .. measure twice, cut once.
    Last edited by deevey; 02-20-2012 at 06:08 AM.

S2 100% & get the Jiggle S2D2 map http://www.audioj.webs.com/
    http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=45027 He updates and adds new features all the time and if you think of anything ask and you will more then likely get it.
    Last edited by Dj Samurai; 02-20-2012 at 07:37 AM.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2 Technic 1210's Audio 4 Stanton SA-5 Innofader Stanton t.90 MPC-500 Traktor Kontrol S2 Midi Fighter classic

Quote Originally Posted by Ugadeee View Post
    Tight plug and play traktor integration and whole support forum on djtt.

Quality built in soundcard and traktor pro software.

Plus extras if bought from djtt (chroma caps etc)

Win
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Tech Wizard

Okay guys I guess I will try to save up $400 by March 31st. Thanks guys!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12