DJing Noob In Need Of Help! Which DJ Controller to get?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default DJing Noob In Need Of Help! Which DJ Controller to get?

Hi. Im a noob at DJing, and I was talking to my friend the other day. He is also a DJ and has a hercules controller i think. I told him i was gonna try to save up $1000 for a traktor S4 (yeah i have to save up cause i dont have a job and im only 15). So far I ve saved up... $200 or so. I have a macbook and nice headphones and an amp already so I think the only thing i need now is just the actual controller? Correct me if im wrong. Ive been playing around with virtual DJ and using a crappy cheap sound card on ebay for like $2.
    opps
    back to main topic,
    well when i told my friend i wanted the S4, he said that was way too expensive for an entry level controller. So I went home and searched up another controller, the Numark Mixtrack Pro. Would this be a good one? I mean like I only need another $100 and i'll be able to have it
    or can you guys suggest something better? I have only had experience with virtual DJ on my windows computer, and Djay (on my mac, havent really used it yet)

Tech Guru

get the s2 from DJTT store. Good value. Great to start on. http://www.djtechtools.com/store/con...S2%2BMidwinter

^ boom
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Mentor

i have the numark mixtrack and its amazing Check out some of my videos such as my 2011 setup video to know more bout the controller
    Numark mixtrack - Numark DJ IO Sound card - Akai lpd8 - Traktor pro 2 - Senheiser HD205

I have the Mixtrack Pro right now and I have to say... I feel like I've already outgrown it in the 3 months I've had it. It's really easy to grasp all of the basics if you practice frequently and do your research by watching performances (by pros and no names alike) and through dj blogs. So needless to say, I'm ordering the S2 on Friday. It's only $399 until March 31st, including tax and standard shipping, so if you can somehow get some more money by then that is DEFINITELY the route to go. Otherwise the Mixtrack Pro will be fine for starting out and learning the basics.

Tech Wizard

I think the Mixtrack Pro is a a cool little first controller. I got one a few months ago to play around with. I'm a Serato user and wanted to give an all in one controller a shot so once they came out with Serato DJ Intro I ran out and got the Mixtrack. It will never replace my 1200s, but it is a solid controller to start out with.

save up the s4 or for one of the new numark 4track .... the mixtrack pro is a cheap toy
    CDJ 2000s + DJM 2000

Check out my Mixes : Soundcloud

There are two real paths you can take.

You can get something within the close future, and be able to mix sooner than you would otherwise. Chances are that at some point within the next year, if you devote your time and effort into it, that you'll want to upgrade again to something that can utilize all of the functionality out of your software of choice.

The other choice is to save, and get exactly what YOU want. But this takes time and patience. And also a matter of realism, being able to hold yourself back to really be happy with your overall purchase.

Personally, I waited a LONG time to make what I consider my "dream gear" setup. I know not everyone is willing to do this. But having professional gear for a hobby that I hope to turn into a bit more fun and earn some money while playing the tunes I love someday? That's a priceless feeling for me.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

Tech Wizard

Thanks for the replies guys!!! I'm now torn between the Mixtrack pro and S2. What features does the S2 have that Mixtrack doesnt? Thanks

i had a mixtrack because i read on DJTT that you get alot of buttons for the price... it was OK.. i returned it to guitar center within my 30 day window and got an akai apc40. the apc40 was the best purchase i made last year ,excluding traktor of course :P
    Traktor/Ableton /Komplete /MBP OSX el capitan

http://www.soundcloud.com/deejaesnafu

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast