Club Controller "DJ"... The Disappointment of a Fellow Controller DJ
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Club Controller "DJ"... The Disappointment of a Fellow Controller DJ

As I attended a new bar in my town I was eager to see a live DJ. When I finally arrived to the bar I noticed a DJ booth. I was quite excited to hear a live set by a fellow DJ. Upon looking into the booth I noticed a Numark Mixtrack Pro. I have never held and will never hold animosity towards controllers (I personally use a VCI-100 1.4FW). However, I withheld judgement until he began.

To say the least I was disappointed beyond belief. Unfortunately this DJ fit every stereotype controller DJ could ever hope to contain... Dependent on a sync button, overuse of effects, clipping beats, ect. ect. I felt sick to my stomach listening to the 2x BPM rap songs and echo effects. I looked more carefully noticing he was running a VDJ LE. Shame on him... Nothing bothers me more than to see a controller user prove peoples stereotypes correct.

One day I hope to see a DJ with a controller in the booth kill it. Nothing would make me happier than to see a controller DJ rock the club. To be a paid DJ using VDJ LE is an embarrassment to ever controller user ever. I would like to know if anyone else has experienced the same situation as I have.
    For all my VCI-100 lovers view my step by step guide to moding your very own VCI-100 Arcade edition
    http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=56270

Quote Originally Posted by sobi View Post
    Want to get better? Two words... jesus pose. 60% of the time, it works every time.

Tech Wizard

The "DJ" you described sounds like a douche.

i am your savior.

How did the crowd react to his performance?

It amazes me all the time how some people miss a self-consciousness or self-awareness that maybe what they are doing is actually total crap. You see it all the time in the talent shows on TV. People audition, sing or dance like crazy, but are just seriously bad. And they aren't even embarrassed about it. Some even think the jury are wrong and deny the fact they do suck.

Actually, sometimes I wish I had some of that kind of ignorance.

scamo
    Skooppa - the revolution is beginning!

You want the best FX jogs on the S4? Then try this mapping!

Our Mixes: Mixcloud - Soundcloud
    Hehe...yeah. We're just beginning.

Tech Wizard

People just want money and fame. There is a serious lack of people who do things for fun, or do things because they love doing what they do.

I once saw some dude DJ with records, and he was crap. True story.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Quote Originally Posted by lethal_pizzle View Post
    I once saw some dude DJ with records, and he was crap. True story.
    Oh noes, now I'm 100% sure the world really is coming to an end this year *runsaroundincirclesscreaming*
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

Tech Mentor

The sync thing I don't find a big deal, though the rest is pretty noobie mhm. If I were at a gig I'd sync no doubt in my mind though, just to make sure there are no errors. Then again I know how to beatmatch so I don't feel bad about it.

Bet the crowd didn't notice he was using VDJ LE or a mixtrack pro
    SC | MC

"What's he using? A controller? Like for nintendo? Naw man that music was pumpin last night we got so wasted and had a blast." -any random club goer that night.
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

Tech Mentor

I went to a bar by my house on a Monday to hear the DJ. He was using a Denon DNMC6000 with VDJ. I didn't look close enough to see if it was VDJ LE or not but in the US, VDJ is bundled with the DNMC6000. Needless to say all this guy did was fade in and out of songs. When I got there, he was playing rock, then moved into hip-hop. It was a Monday, the place wasn't packed but there was a good amount of people there, college crowd, so I'm assuming with the genre switch it was open format but still, at least give me an echo out, oh wait, can't do that in VDJ. This guy was playing the entire song and then just fading up the next. I wasn't impressed at all. Maybe the guy could mix and beatmatch and that night just wasn't the night for it, who knows. To his credit, he was playing hip hop and playing requests and the grou of girls sitting at the bar were enjoying it. From a DJ perspective it wasn't anything, but to the patrons in the bar he was playing what they wanted and they were having a good time.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast