Vestax in trouble?? No U.K Distributor?

Default Vestax in trouble?? No U.K Distributor?

Hi guys, was in Glasgow yesterday at rubadub records. I was looking into getting some new gear for starting out. I had seen the VCI-100 on rubadubs website, tho not in the shop. I asked the guy what he thought of it and he said yea its a solid piece of kit but i would need to be careful cause he heard a rumor that Vestax aren't doing too well and have not had a U.K distributor for a couple of months hence why they didn't have it in stock.
    He also said that he heard there isn't a lot of staff at the the Japan office.

This has set me back a bit cause I am unsure that if I bought a VCI-100 would I get good after sales support or how the warranty would stand?? Dont think buying off private seller on eBay would be a good idea either...?

Feel free to shed some light on the situation or give me some advice!!

Thanks!!

Louisf1819

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Im in the same boat as you. I decided to get a VCI-100 and theres no good deals around in UK and most shops that claim to have them in stock dont . Ive rung a few and they just havent updated the website.

Most of the good eBay deals are in the U.S. which is ok. I got my Traktor Scratch from America but i got a good deal and a guaranteed warranty which is hard to find.

I dunno about Vestax struggling to get a UK distributor but if you check the Vesax website they list www.leisuretec.co.uk as the UK distributor but Leisuretec DONT list Vestax as a company they distribute ???

Think im just gonna wait for a good deal on eBay , i want one on the cheap side cus i dont need one i just want one for some gigs ive got were i dont want to take my decks.

Its a shame and a suprise that a great unit like the vci-100 isnt flooded into UK.

Bloody American have got em all.

Yea see i would have no probs buying one from the states, but I have no idea about the taxes or warranty, dont want the postman arriving at the door and asking for £200 or something crazy like that!

Would you recommend any sites to buy from in the states?

Need to get this show up and runnin!

Hey guys just to let both of you know that I got a vci-100 black from here:

Hard To Find Records

a couple of months back, even though everyone around here was saying that there were none in the UK. Worth a shot just incase you haven't tried and the price is decent aswell. Just don't start me on the customer service.....

Vestax havnt had a uk dist for longer than a couple of months. I was gettng one way before xmas and didnt end up getting it till march as teh company i bought off had to go to vestax germany they said!
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by louisf1819 View Post
    Yea see i would have no probs buying one from the states, but I have no idea about the taxes or warranty, dont want the postman arriving at the door and asking for £200 or something crazy like that!

Would you recommend any sites to buy from in the states?

Need to get this show up and runnin!

I got my SE from djtechtools, there was only a 65 pound import tax which i didnt think was bad considering its with firmware 1.3 and the new overlay ect.

As for the UK distribution i was trying to source a VCI from the Uk for a while with no joy i tried for like 6 months.
    It is the distribution service thats in trouble and lost the account with Vestax.
    So i wouldn't worry about after care etc, you may have to send it to Germany but the chances of something going wrong are very slim. Check the djtt site and if you want one from the USA i would say get one from there as its got the mods.

Hope this helps

Hmm the SE is way to expensive for my tastes.
    Whats the difference between an SE and a bog-standard VCI ?
    Is it the Firmware upgrade kit and the black overlay?
    If so ill just find a standard VCI and wait for the Firmware to become available again.

And whats this "ramp up problem" ?

I know , know i should search and read up. It goes against all my instincts to ask such a noob question but i have had a look around and what with all the im doing elsewhere im hoping for a kind soul to explain all this.

*waits for a bashing*

My big plan is to get a Nano Pad and a VCI to replace the Faderfox DX2 when I have a controller only setup gig.
    Last edited by Karlos Santos; 04-19-2009 at 01:00 PM.

Got it... Thanks dude. All being well i may have a VCI by the end of the week.
    I promise the RTFM manual before i hassle you for advice.
    I love being a noob again. Cant wait to get shouted at by chilly for asking obvious questions..