Audio-Technica LP120-USB
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tech Wizard

Cool!

I played with one of these at CES. It's truly badass. Feels just like it should; not exactly like Technics but the power + weight are all there. And Audio-Technica is no slouch; they have very well respected lines of phono cartridges and headphones. They don't have a history of making stuff marketed to DJs, but let's face it, we're not brain surgeons; our needs are pretty obvious and identifiable. If you're looking for new decks I would totally recommend these.
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Tech Guru

I like having the 78 on there. I truly miss that from my Numarks. I would be interested to see tracking and antiskate in action.

djproben - "But who can resist an album called "the Gay 90s"! I assumed it was going to be a lot of Moby and Keoki...."

Tech Mentor

it really looks like a technics. but inside, it's similar to a numark tt200. specs for wow and flutter and rumble aren't impressive at all. guy in youtube vid is a bit dumb?

Quote Originally Posted by djlotus View Post
    I like having the 78 on there. I truly miss that from my Numarks. I would be interested to see tracking and antiskate in action.
    Really? :O I spin a pair of TTX-1s and the 78rpm button has always baffled me. What have you used it for?

Tech Guru

I have tons of old broadcast and classical and some swing recorded at 78.

djproben - "But who can resist an album called "the Gay 90s"! I assumed it was going to be a lot of Moby and Keoki...."

Quote Originally Posted by rgtb View Post
    it really looks like a technics. but inside, it's similar to a numark tt200. specs for wow and flutter and rumble aren't impressive at all. guy in youtube vid is a bit dumb?
    The specs look comparable to me, the differences (.01% and 6db) are practically a rounding error.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by djproben View Post
    The specs look comparable to me, the differences (.01% and 6db) are practically a rounding error.
    For which table? An LP120 or an TT200 or an SL-1200?

I was comparing the Audio Technica (.02% W+F and 50db S/N) with the 1200 M5G (.01% and 56db)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast