Xonetacular's guide and general tips for buying second hand Technics 1200s - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Great write up man

Quote Originally Posted by DJDoubleYou View Post
    my biggest question is, when you paint them, how do you get the tekst back on the tech's
    you mean the technics logo and stuff? This dude sells stickers. http://www.ebay.com/itm/custom-techn...ht_1694wt_1270

I've been in the market to complete my deck setup since my 1st unit of 1210mk2 in 2010 but no luck. The only way for me is to buy online (mudah.com.my), my last unit was in a good condition comes in with original cover & a stanton cart, minor signs of wear which i've been really satisfied!

So i'm going to look around in ebay. is there any special precaution buying decks from overseas? what to expect & what to do when things go wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Luconia View Post
    I've been in the market to complete my deck setup since my 1st unit of 1210mk2 in 2010 but no luck. The only way for me is to buy online (mudah.com.my), my last unit was in a good condition comes in with original cover & a stanton cart, minor signs of wear which i've been really satisfied!

So i'm going to look around in ebay. is there any special precaution buying decks from overseas? what to expect & what to do when things go wrong?
    Where do you live now and where would you be looking to buy from? If you have 220v power be sure to buy 1210s.

Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    Where do you live now and where would you be looking to buy from? If you have 220v power be sure to buy 1210s.
    I'm from Malaysia & only would interested with 1210s since it has voltage selector (our electricity voltage is 240V). I'm looking for seller that is not too far apart from our country, best is within Asian region, Europe & Australia is acceptable though...

Quote Originally Posted by Luconia View Post
    I'm from Malaysia & only would interested with 1210s since it has voltage selector (our electricity voltage is 240V). I'm looking for seller that is not too far apart from our country, best is within Asian region, Europe & Australia is acceptable though...
    You might want to message Nicadraus. He refurbishes lots of 1200/1210's.

Based on past threads, I think his prices are great too! He is located in the Philippines.

Quote Originally Posted by papo View Post
    You might want to message Nicadraus. He refurbishes lots of 1200/1210's.

Based on past threads, I think his prices are great too! He is located in the Philippines.
    Thanks! but since DJF is up i'm no longer seen him here...nevermind i'll ask over there instead

Months have passed since the last post...

So i decided to make the move & won a bid on 1210mk2 from the UK.
    However the seller did not properly use a robust packaging & not marked it as a fragile item.
    The turntable arrived in a pretty bad condition, smashed dust cover with deep scratches on the body, a dent on one of it's side resulted from rough handling during shipping.

Several problems has been identified with this poor unit.
    - Height adjust , silver Lock knob on the tonearm assembly was stuck.
    - The lever that raises the tone arm seems not working very well. it takes a long time to reset back after the lever has been pushed down when compared to my existing 1210 (reset back into position almost instantly).
    - 33/45 button seems not that 'sensitive', had to push it hard & 2-3 times for it to work.

Otherwise, the unit was able to power up..lights & pitch is still working.

Any help on troubleshooting?

You sure that was from shipping or the seller just sent you a beat to crap table, thought about contacting them and making an ebay dispute asking for a refund for something not as described?

Alrighty xone. I've just dug out my 1210mk2s again and had the phono cables replaced. On trying to do the old anti skate setup with a blank vinyl, I can't get the needle to stay stationary. I can get it to move to the middle slowly then stay stationary but nothing else.

Is there anything that can be done to fix this?

Cheers
    MMM
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast