2 VCI 100's controlling Traktor on the same laptop???
    Tech Guru

Default 2 VCI 100's controlling Traktor on the same laptop???

Hey guys, I had a bit of an aha the other day. Me and a buddy wanted to be able to jam together at the same time, we tried looking up how to sync up our 2 programs but that seemed a little difficult. Then it hit me why not just use the same midi mapping, have one controller set to control decks A/B while the other is set to control everything for deck C/D. Well while Traktor detected the 2 controllers it couldn't separate the two. I know this has to do with Midi channels. So is it possible to have a setup like the one I described. It seems impossible because obviously the midi mapping from Techtools is set for a certain channel, so even changing the channel on the VCI still wouldn't help since the program wouldn't read the data from the VCI. Any ideas?

yea its gonna be da-able when the firmware gets upgraded

-still waiting-
    Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    Kaon, none of that has to do with drum and bass.

the 1.2 firmware should be capable of this

Tech Guru

The only thing is though the Techtools mapping is preset to receive midi signals from one channel, how would I overcome this barrier so that C/D controls would be a different channel, obviously without going and changing everything to channel 2.

Quote Originally Posted by rdej47 View Post
    The only thing is though the Techtools mapping is preset to receive midi signals from one channel, how would I overcome this barrier so that C/D controls would be a different channel, obviously without going and changing everything to channel 2.
    From memory the 1.3 firmware wasnt changing channel when another unit was connected - this is one of the issues we plan to fix with the 1.4 firmware.

I do not believe we can support 2 units currently because the TSI is already using too many of the midi modifers up on a single unit - we would need double the modifers for both the units. It still is possible to do it but one unit would be conflicting with the other unit, like when a modifier is changed on one unit it will happen to both units - making it really difficult for two people to mix at once.