Nontablist setup
    Tech Wizard

Default Nontablist setup

Hi, Im Nontalist, Im from Chile and this is my production/live setup...

Works like a live remixing/mashup/djset... its based on Ableton live, On a Sony Vaio laptop, running everything on Vista (Yes, Vista...), have a core2duo 2,0 ghz, 4gbram, and 200 gbs.

The Live Session Contains basicly 6 channels, with songs from many artist, my songs and samples from librarys and stuff edited by me, with 3 fx channels and a master fx strip.

The equipments in the picture are:

Korg Nanokontrol: used to control the mixer on Live with the 6 first faders, the filters over this controls also de frequency on the filters, and the last 3 faders are for the fxs and the knobs over this control parameters on each fx, buttons do the mute for each channel and control sends to the fx.

There is a Perzonalized fader made out of legos and some epoxic dough... looks awesome and have a great grip!!!

(P.S.: CromaCaps, Please make some cool colorful knobs for this little machine)

M-Audio Trigger Finger: was my first midi controller, and I love it, for production I use it to make drums and some melodies.

Playing live, principally the knobs change the filters on each channel and the faders controls parameters on the master fx strip.

Novation Launchpad: I recently get this, and I like it, im using the factory preset wich is great to trigger the clips without mapping anything, helps a lot when im in need of some extra control on Ableton and of course navigate the session faster without keep staring the laptop screen like if I was reading emails or watching a movie on it.

Korg Monotron: I freaking love this, have his own channel on ableton with delay and effects, here the launchpad its super important to control some extra parameters on monotrons channel.

Lexicon Lambda Audio Interface: Its cheap and have a great punchy sound, have some midi to hook up my roland mc307 and the mc09, to have that extra sounds during the session.

As you can see in the pics, there is a lot of masking tape to label every control to not loose track on the session.

there is also an infinite collection of cables and adaptors to plug the gear to every kind of environmetn and installment, and of course a big surge.

.... im gonna makea video with this to show you how this works in detail, but thats it, enjoy the pics and if you have a few questions just ask...
    Last edited by Nontablist; 02-21-2012 at 12:36 AM.

Great setup and great first post man, welcome! (throws confetti)

Tech Wizard

Thnx for the welcome!!!

Sweet setup man. I just picked up the new Monotron Delay from GC and it's like the feedback/delay effect from the kaoss pad in the form of knobs. They didn't have the new Duo yet for some reason, but have them on their site. They were being shipped everywhere in the US sometime last week.

Tech Wizard

im waiting for the new monotrons to get them as soon as possible... anyway thnx for posting bro