Just bought a DJM700, want to play tracks from pc but use djm to mix
    Tech Student

Default Just bought a DJM700, want to play tracks from pc but use djm to mix

Last night I saw Tydi and Alex M.O.R.P.H play at a neighborhood club. Tydi was spinning with 2 cdj 2000's mk2 i think with a djm 800 mixer. When Alex M.O.R.P.H came on, he just hooked his macbook up to the djm and played his set off the macbook. Never touched a cdj just mixed on the djm with no cueing, just straight up mixing. I think the set was previously laid out.

I've done lots of mixing through traktor but my forte is in ableton. I love the workflow and production value of it but I decided after seeing Alex that I need to go back and practice on the standard pioneer rig.

I was able to get a used Djm700 from a CL add and i was totally stoked. Bad news is, I dont have any cdjs to hook this bad boy up to so I am still forced to use traktor, which i dont mind as long as all of the mixing is being done on the djm. Whats the best way to control traktor while still routing the audio through the djm?

You need a soundcard to output audio to the DJM. I'm guessing you want a 4 channel soundcard to mix 4 decks from traktor into their own channels. Then use any midi controller like an X1 or whatever to control traktor depending on how you want to mix. You can also get controllers with jog wheels like the behringer CMD if you want to beatmatch.

Tech Mentor

You will need a soundcard I believe.

I am experimenting using CDJ350's to control the decks in Traktor, i.e. to pick the tracks, and play them, but am routing the output sound straight to my DJM.

As I understand it, without the CDJ's as soundcards, I would need a standalone, such as the NI Audio 10 (or similar, smaller if needed) if I didn't have the CDJ's. Basically you are looking to output at least 2 channels of music to your DJM, so would need at least a 2 channel soundcard. Assuming your controlling Traktor with your mouse.

EDIT: Or what he said ^^^
    Technics 1210 mk2's, Pioneer CDJ 500, Allen & Heath DB4, NI F1's (x2), Reloop Contour Controller Edition, Sennheiser HD25 1-II or Allen & Heath XD2-53's depending on my mood...

Mixcloud : xs2man - Latest Mix: Latest Mix 13-10-2016

Tech Student

awesome guys

thank you so much

Also did i get a good deal on the djm ? I was able to talk him down from 650 to 500.

500 isn't a bad deal, it did get discontinued though...

Its still a $1000 mixer, I paid $620 for a new one last summer from a guy who needed money! $500 is a nice deal, and I think its hell of a mixer......

Tech Student

620 is awesome for a brand new one ... was it the black or the silver ?

pick up an audio 2 from the djtt store and you are good to go
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "