DDJ T1 with Kontrol X1

Default DDJ T1 with Kontrol X1

So.

I’ve had a Pioneer DDJ T1 for a few months (fyi I love the thing, and I only paid $800 AUD with a flight case, so the whole more expensive than an S4 didn’t apply) I’m using the full version of Traktor2 and I’m starting to miss the use of the Sample Decks and Loop Recorder.
    Anyways I’m thinking of picking up an Kontrol X1 with the sample deck overlay to use as a controller for the missing functions.
    Anyone had any experience doing this? Any problems I should know about before I spend the cash on this.

Cheers guys.

Tech Student

for a while iv been looking for doing the same thing. i feel ur pain. iv been searchin the net and havnt really found exactly what im looking for hehe. altho pioneer have actually released a mapping file for t1 traktor pro that makes a,b decks as sample decks. dont know if u used it but im not really a fan of the way its mapped out.. but if u go to www.traktorbible.com there r plenty of x1 maps that you could use with the t1. ull just have to find one that wont conflict with ur t1 map. i tried remapping my self but it was a fail so i was hoping to find sumthing on the net too. have u found anything since u have posted this?

Nah just the Pioneer mapping which I wasn't too keen on as I wanan keep the Hot Cues etc.

The X1 is looking like the goer.

Tech Wizard

I have that setup and works great

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by eurodj View Post
    I have that setup and works great
    what mapping file did u use for the x1 or did u map it your self? i cant wait to get a x1 and incorporate it with the t1 now that i know someone has done it and there are no problems.